Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Re: Surprise, surprise !!!

As well as being 'boring'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
As well as being 'boring'
Indeed.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Interesting reply I would suggest simply saying boring is to close down conversation.
Exactly, why even look unless you're going to deride it. I posted because I am interested.
When people are embarrassed or feel threatened they attack, interesting.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 11:16 AM

Tessa and friends, we could play this silly word game about what means what all day long. I have better things to do and I would suggest so have you. I suggest that we leave it at that, rather than giving the author of the thread the satisfaction of seeing their efforts being successful.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 11:43 AM

Hi

An understanding on how the system works may be helpful.

If you want to delay something for years you pass a resolution demanding action involving the whole of the EU.

This is done in the full and certain knowledge that universal agreement is hard to get, particularly if one of the Countries involved has a vested interest.

In this case it is Luxembourg, the biggest Tax Haven in the EU, the home of Amazon etc.

The former Prime Minister of Luxembourg is a Mr Junker, who is the current President of the EU Commission.

I am not surprised that some voted against a meaningless resolution when the easiest and quickest thing to do would have been to directly introduce legislation to tackle the issue.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 11:54 AM

Well the replies so far are exciting. Is there going to be a fight?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 12:30 PM

So true it's a almost spam keeping on like this, I find games section boring I can't imagine being allowed to keep going into threads there saying so, mods would be on it like a shot.
What on earth has a games section ... which is meant for fun... got to do with a serious section like a Politics, Julie? What we are seeing are threads with silly titles which we have to open a link to find out what it is about... just to satisfy a person's obsession.

When creating a thread your title should act as a short summary of your post. Imagine if all the threads had non-descriptive 'general' titles – a user would have to click on all of them to see what they were actually about! Not everyone has the time to do that, so by ensuring a summary is present in your title other users can quickly see what is being asked and can reply if they have something to input on that particular subject.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 12:46 PM

So true it's a almost spam keeping on like this, I find games section boring I can't imagine being allowed to keep going into threads there saying so, mods would be on it like a shot.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
What on earth has a games section ... which is meant for fun... got to do with a serious section like a Politics, Julie? What we are seeing are threads with silly titles which we have to open a link to find out what it is about... just to satisfy a person's obsession.

When creating a thread your title should act as a short summary of your post. Imagine if all the threads had non-descriptive 'general' titles – a user would have to click on all of them to see what they were actually about! Not everyone has the time to do that, so by ensuring a summary is present in your title other users can quickly see what is being asked and can reply if they have something to input on that particular subject.
Quite so Mags but clearly Julie doesn't have a problem with UJ posting almost 40 threads with very similar titles so that he can indulge his obsession for using the word 'nasty' not to mention the hundreds of posts (this thread included ) where he does the same thing.

Yet A couple of members using the word 'boring' is seen by Julie as bordering on spamming
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Tessa and friends, we could play this silly word game about what means what all day long. I have better things to do and I would suggest so have you. I suggest that we leave it at that, rather than giving the author of the thread the satisfaction of seeing their efforts being successful.

I suggest you stop being patronising. You'll be calling me "dear" next!
I'll do what I like thank you!
...or am I not wealthy enough?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 12:58 PM

I was withdrawing from the argument and speaking to you and your friends who were in agreement with you.. What is wrong with that? If you want to be patronised, try Joe darlin' or should I say matey.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top