Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 03:34 PM

BBC iplayer Download

Has anyone else tried the new download option on iplayer? I tried it a few nights ago with good results.

The main advantage to downloading programmes is that you don't get all the buffering rubbish (the circle of doom).

The software only takes a few minutes to download although downloading the programmes can take a lot longer. My internet speed is not great at the best of times so it took about 70 minutes to download 'Gunpowder' but this can be done during the day when you are busy doing something else. Just make sure to set your computer to not hibernate.

Once downloaded you get a month to watch programmes as many times as you like and there is a sub-titles option. The image was slightly smaller on my screen but nothing to worry about as I connected to my tv with an HDMI cable.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 03:47 PM

Re: BBC iplayer Download

I've been using it for years as a preferred option .....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 06:27 PM

Yep used it for years , esp when I had slow broadband

Use it mostly now if I’m flying or sailing anywhere and won’t be comfortable enough to settle with a book
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I've been using it for years as a preferred option .....
Originally Posted by Missy ->
Yep used it for years , esp when I had slow broadband

Use it mostly now if I’m flying or sailing anywhere and won’t be comfortable enough to settle with a book
Tbh, I ddn't realise it had been around that long, I thought it was a new service. Just me being unobservant as usual.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top