Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:00 PM

Borrow my Dog

Has anyone heard of this organisation?
I don't know alot about it yet, but bits I have seen so far, worry me.

It's supposed to be for people who profess to love dogs, but for various reasons, can't have one of their own. So for a price, people can 'borrow' one for a few hours or days.

I don't know about you, but if there is any brainwave open to abuse, this must be it. Would you 'lend' your dog(s) to a total stranger, cos I'm blowed if I would.

I have read the 'borrowers' are not insured after the first visit, so what happens if your dog had an accident while in their care? How would you know whether they had the faintest idea how to handle a dog?What happens if they lose them, or hurt them? What if they are weirdo's who boil them up for soup!!?
Apart from these things, how would your dog feel being carted off by strangers when it had just been happily snoring in its own bed a minute before?

Unless you delivered your dog to their house yourself, you wouldn't even know if their address even existed.

Perhaps I'm too distrustful or pessimistic, but no one would ever take mine.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 10:26 PM

Re: Borrow my Dog

Well I can categorically say that I wouldnīt let anyone I didnīt know and trust even take my dog for a walk. If you are distrustful Mups then so am I, because I would never even consider it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know about you, but if there is any brainwave open to abuse, this must be it. Would you 'lend' your dog(s) to a total stranger, cos I'm blowed if I would.
Oh God Mups, I've just written on another thread that humans ain't worth saving and this idea just shows how ignorant so many of them are.

As you must know (but billions don't) a dog lives for it's 'pack' that may be one human and one dog or two humans and more dogs, the point is once they have established that 'bond' there is nothing in heaven or earth that will break it.

Taking a dog off to live with some other (probably naive) humans is just bound to cause it stress and anxiety about it's 'real' owners.

You know (I'm sure you know) that when you go out the room there is no way your dog can know for sure if you'll be comming back in 10 minutes, 10 days, or 10 years, of course they have precedent to help them (e.g. they know when you pop out to the shop) and they have the things they are familiar with around them and all the furniture etc. stays where it always is, but they just don't know for sure.

Physically moving them to another house is just just not right if it is just to please the muppets who think they want a dog. Yes rescue dogs have to go into kennels but they often hate it and stress out and loose weight and are completely confused. Our Casey was in kennels for two years and lost half his correct body weight.

If you don't have the resources to own a dog then DON'T GET ONE it's as simple as that. We had to go many years without a dog due to jobs and where we lived.

But it's all about I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW these days isn't it, stupid ignorant humans
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 11:14 PM

No way would i let my dog go and stay with strangers and neither should anyone if they love their dog as i do mine.🐕
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 11:33 PM

Yes I have heard of it ...
I wouldn't trust anyone with my dog even family members.

Of anyone wants to 'borrow a dog' I suggest the sign up to foster dogs for a rescue or as a dog walker or short term fosterer with The Cinnamon Trust.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes I have heard of it ...
I wouldn't trust anyone with my dog even family members.

Of anyone wants to 'borrow a dog' I suggest the sign up to foster dogs for a rescue or as a dog walker or short term fosterer with The Cinnamon Trust.

Exactly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:25 AM

Yes i have heard of it.
I think its a bit of a money maker.
People who cannot have a dog borrow one ( pay to take it for a walk )
Useful for people who cant get out to exercise their dog or are at work.
I have had dogs all of my life have fostered them have cared for other peoples dogs while they are holiday etc . Believe me few dogs pine away for their owners .
They love going for walks and most will walk with anyone!
There are loads of people who make money by walking dogs and the dogs go with them very happily indeed - better than staying at home!
Most people just dont exercise their dogs enough.
Anyone who is that keen to pay to walk a dog usually loves dogs and is good to them . My friends son who lives in London was brought up with dogs and he misses them. Because of his working hours owning a dog would mean it would spend a lot of time alone in his flat so he borrows a neighbours dog twice a week . He the owner and the dog are all very happy with this arrangement.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 07:02 AM

NO WAY...

I wouldnt allow anyone to take my dog/s Im so careful with them and I know I would be worried sick if anyone but a family member had them.
You hear such horror stories, handing over you dog to a stranger is just asking for trouble.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 07:40 AM

I haven't heard any stories re borrow your doggy .
The company who does it takes all sorts of particulars down so there is no chance of someone stealing ones dog .
But if one is going down this route as someone said the Cinnamon Trust trust is probably best way to go then you don't pay and you are helping someone and their dog .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:10 AM

Would never let anyone borrow my dogs . They mean too much to me .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top