Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Re: Michael Jackson

I don't like to hear or read all what is going on now with the MJ case, in the Press or on TV.

I thought Michael Jackson was a very talented man, I enjoyed his singing and his dancing. His father was the main cause of his unhappiness and yes, he had been exploited throughout his short life by uncaring people.
Why can't they let him rest in peace now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 07:32 PM

I blame the father, no wonder MJ grew up so weird; that would be enough to warp anyone. No kind of a childhood at all. And I can't help thinking of his children; what sort of childhood have/are they having?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 09:51 PM

I agree with Mags.

It's all sensationalism for the media.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 01:15 AM

There's no doubt they'll bring out a film about him. I loved the Jackson Five, but I can't in all honesty say I was ever an MJ fan as such.

Nobody could dispute that he was a great entertainer, but what annoyed me about his singing was the constant (hic) after every few words. I liked his songs though.

Yes, he was a junkie and in a way I feel sorry for his doctor because a star of that magnitude would DEMAND medication, even though it may have been against his doctor's wishes but, then again, the doctor was being paid magnificently for prescribing potential over-doses.

This wouldn't happen in the UK, under any circumstances by a doctor, so they would have to seek drugs from the streets to feed their habits.

Or am I wrong in this?
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I don't like to hear or read all what is going on now with the MJ case, in the Press or on TV.

I thought Michael Jackson was a very talented man, I enjoyed his singing and his dancing. His father was the main cause of his unhappiness and yes, he had been exploited throughout his short life by uncaring people.
Why can't they let him rest in peace now.
Hiya all

this is my first post here, i just wanted to echo your post Mags, MJ was very talented, i have been a fan for as long
as i can remember, he has been exploited from a very early age, he needs to be left alone now poor guy, i just hope this Murry pays for what he did
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 01:35 AM

Hello Kitty and welcome to the forum
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 02:06 AM

Hi, Kitty! Welcome.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
Hiya all

this is my first post here, i just wanted to echo your post Mags, MJ was very talented, i have been a fan for as long
as i can remember, he has been exploited from a very early age, he needs to be left alone now poor guy, i just hope this Murry pays for what he did
Welcome to the forum Kitty ..... good to meet another Michael Jackson fan!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

30-09-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
There's no doubt they'll bring out a film about him. I loved the Jackson Five, but I can't in all honesty say I was ever an MJ fan as such.

Nobody could dispute that he was a great entertainer, but what annoyed me about his singing was the constant (hic) after every few words. I liked his songs though.

Yes, he was a junkie and in a way I feel sorry for his doctor because a star of that magnitude would DEMAND medication, even though it may have been against his doctor's wishes but, then again, the doctor was being paid magnificently for prescribing potential over-doses.

This wouldn't happen in the UK, under any circumstances by a doctor, so they would have to seek drugs from the streets to feed their habits.

Or am I wrong in this?
I think MJ's "hic" could be compared to Elvis's "uh huh" ...... I suppose you could say it was their gimmick.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 09:35 PM

I always felt quite sorry for Michael Jackson and I think it's all such a waste of a talented individual's sad life - he was a beautiful and gifted child, who was exploited most of his life and became so messed up that he never grew up. The extreme facial surgery he had must have left him with intolerable pain and reliance on pain killing drugs just to get through a day. Shame on the vultures that surrounded him and fed off him all his life. I actually also feel sorry for the doctor as well. I am not sure if he is not just another victim of the whole sad story.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top