Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 08:25 AM

Automated phone systems?

Automated phone systems?

You now have 100 options?

By pressing the zero button continuously I frequently bypass all the options and actually get to speak to a real person.
Do you have any Tips?
http://tinyurl.com/bqop85s
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 08:40 AM

Re: Automated phone systems?

I hate the automated phone systems with a vengence, but have no practical tips to offer. I'll save the advice and read it later though in case it helps.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 09:26 AM

I once read that if you don't press any buttons at all you automatically get put through to an operator but I've never put it to the test.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Well I shall be pressing 0 instead of waiting until the 'this call may be recorded for training and quality purposes' then hurling abuse down the phone at them for keeping me waiting with information I don't want and to get a human being on the phone! Oh, I've also told them that if they want to fill airwaves with drivel, to do that on their own bill and not mine.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 12:26 PM

I've never been faced with any phone system that offers more than 6 or 7 options, or at least I can't recall any. Even then speaking to an operator is on the first menu.

The options are not the problem in my opinion it is the wait it takes to get to speak to someone once you have selected that option - some of the public service phones were taking up to half an hour though a lot of them now offer the option of leaving your number and they then call you back when they are free. That is a much better system and it works well, I always take that option if it is offered.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 12:34 PM

I wish we were given that option Bruce - I guess they make too much money by keeping us hanging on the phone while they give us webpage addresses and all the options available on the internet before plodding through all the phone options ...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I wish we were given that option Bruce - I guess they make too much money by keeping us hanging on the phone while they give us webpage addresses and all the options available on the internet before plodding through all the phone options ...

I had forgotten that the UK has timed local calls ours are a fixed fee no matter how long you are on. Though most of these calls are either free or local call cost no matter where the business is located.

In these days of mobile phones where all calls are timed you have to be careful though more providers are offerring 'unlimited' services for a fixed fee

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top