Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:27 AM

I'm Off To Tesco Now But I Won't Be Buying Any Food!!

This is because l will be boarding a converted bus situated in the Tesco car park to have my breasts manually squashed down and flattened in an X-ray machine!
I shouldn't joke, as this few minutes of discomfort and a little bit of embarrassment could save my life. I am quite alarmed that many ladies ignore the call for this three yearly breast screening and suffer the consequences.
Perhaps, l will do some shopping after.....a few breasts of chicken maybe!
Do you attend your breast screening appointments or ignore them?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Re: I'm Off To Tesco Now But I Won't Be Buying Any Food!!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I've never had one Art !
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:37 AM

This is because l will be boarding a converted bus situated in the Tesco car park to have my breasts manually squashed down and flattened in an X-ray machine!
I shouldn't joke, as this few minutes of discomfort and a little bit of embarrassment could save my life. I am quite alarmed that many ladies ignore the call for this three yearly breast screening and suffer the consequences.
Good on you Arti, and it is a no brainer that this should be done. I am sure all will be just fine for you.
But common sense should tell anyone to not hang about if given the offer to have a breast scan.

I mean, if anyone does have signs of breast cancer without one knowing about it, the cancer will not hang about.
That is for sure!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Blimey Artangel, that made me stand to attention .....Seriously though.....chicken breasts are a lot cheaper at Iceland......That's why Mum's go......

But really seriously though.....hope your test turns out clear.....good luck.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I've never had one Art !
Hey malcolm, breast cancer can happen in Men of course.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cancer-...roduction.aspx

Breast cancer is often thought of as a condition that only affects women, but men can also develop it.
It's much less common in men than women, with only around 1 new case of breast cancer diagnosed for every 100,000 men (about 350 to 400 cases) in the UK each year.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:43 AM

I've always gone when asked to attend but this year I phoned and asked whether at my age did I need one(70)I was told that it was my decision so I've declined.I think it's important that women do attend.
Hope all goes well for you today-happy shopping afterwards!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:47 AM

Yes I go and have mine crushed too I do often think if it was a test men had to have by now they would have found something more comfortable.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:50 AM

My sympathy! It's years since I had one last and I hope they've improved the procedure since then. Uncomfortable to the point of pain. I always thought if men had to have them, they've have devised a better method. Also I hope they are done by women now. Not the nasty little creep I got once, who was evidently getting his rocks off on it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 11:56 AM

There's a history of breast cancer in My Family,so of course I and My 2 Daughters attend the breast screening at local unit or Hospital,and thank God We did as My Youngest was found to have an abnormal mass in one of Her breasts which turned out,thanfully,to be pre-cancerous cells which were removed,but if left would have become full blown in future years,She goes once a Year to hosp' for check-up and mammo' every 2 years.and even though I'm over 70,I still go to My local unit every 3 yrs.

I also do the bowel screening test and the last one showed abnormalities,which was dealt with swiftly and successfully,again if I hadn't done the test It would probably have become full blown cancer in the future.

So Folks do Yourselves a favour,go for the screening..it could save Your Lives
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 12:01 PM

Im sure its not a nice experience, but it can save your life. Breast cancer took my sister, she went through two years of hell but never gave up fighting. Anything that can help defeat this cruel disease is worth it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top