Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Re: Near Human Robots

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
It is just fantastic !
I love the idea .... There could be real efficiency with this ....
Unfortunately, couldn't get the sound to work but well done !
Aww it's a shame you couldn't get the sound to work; on the dental one, the robot has been taught a gag reflex so that trainee dentists learn not to push any instruments too far to the back of the patient's throat!

In Japan, they have been using robots, apparently, for some years to train with this type of procedure but never really made the robot look very human and that affected the attitude of the trainees - making the robots look and act human made the trainees react very differently when they did something wrong.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Very interesting Karen.
It's very fascinating (but a bit close to Robocop for some of us who are a little too impressionable ). Would you feel at ease with one looking after you in hospital Alan?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 01:53 PM

You have to hand it to the Japanese - very clever, smart race !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2013, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
As they get better at building these, what will become of us? I remember watching old Tommorows World programmes predicting we would all be lolling about enjoying endless lesiure.

Im sure there will be benefits as well as deficits to us.
You do have a good point Nom. There was a time I'd have jumped up and down about replacing humans with robots but given the constant mistakes made in hospitals, I can't help but think this will prove beneficial to the patient as the robot isn't as likely to make mistakes and given that it has the call of the WWW on hand, well, the sky is the limit!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2013, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You have to hand it to the Japanese - very clever, smart race !
Aren't they just, they seem so much more technologically advanced than we are (or most other countries for that matter).
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 02:07 PM

I just love that little robot made by Honda, apparently they have now managed to make it run which was supposedly difficult. My son the uber geek, tells me that they have several 'working' at the Honda headquarters carrying out quite complicated everyday tasks/
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2013, 02:48 PM

I've seen him too daisymay and saw him running (something we do without thinking, I've never thought of it as being particularly hard to do but it was all about getting both feet off the ground at the same time - or something like that) and being able to go up and down stairs.

They've also developed a robodog that can carry incredible weight over any terrain to help soldiers. I would put the link but they show a man 'kicking' at it to try and knock it over (which he couldn't) and I know it's a robot but I didn't like to see it being 'kicked'
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 03:49 PM

Have to agree, there is something about it which is quite human and childlike,(much more human than those on the film), and it would feel like watching an assault to see it being kicked.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 04:18 PM

Lol, the skin is made by a company that makes Japanese love dolls. I wonder if you can get the robot upgraded with all the extras ?

Wholesale Japanese Love Dolls
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Lol, the skin is made by a company that makes Japanese love dolls. I wonder if you can get the robot upgraded with all the extras ?

Wholesale Japanese Love Dolls
Perfect for you then - unless she answers back

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top