Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Re: French spitting the dummy?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have always found the French to be very nice people, but then I made an effort to speak their language rather than assume that all foreign countries should speak English.
Perhaps we should remember that the French had to deal with the immigrants who wanted to come to Britain for the easy life we offer, after all they had come through other countries that should have offered help if they were refugees. The only reason they are not here is because we have a channel of water that made the journey more difficult, if we had been attached to France I am certain that all those from the Jungle would currently be illegal immigrants in Britain now. If we want lay blame for all of these immigrants perhaps we should start with ISIS, who encouraged them to come to Europe for an easy life. Perhaps we could blame our own government for being too easy going about offering help to immigrants.
France are just looking after their own interests, and lets not forget that ISIS have taken many French lives too with their suicide bombers. There is no point blaming the French for the awful situation, it was caused by the radical Muslims idea of flooding Europe with immigrants, in order to turn the whole world Muslim in time. It is now up to the British government to make sure our borders are secure... which should be a lot easier than than the job the rest of Europe had to do.
Perfectly true, Twinky.

I agree about most Frogs. Those few who I have met have been quite reasonable to a point.

No, the real problems are the French politicians. It's the same the world over: politicians are the root of all evil.

And, yes, we desperately need to secure our borders. I remember the Hungarians (I think it was) built a long fence along their border to stop the infestation. For God's sake, we have a 'moat'. If we can't do better than we are doing at the moment we deserve to become a muslim country.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perfectly true, Twinky.

I agree about most Frogs. Those few who I have met have been quite reasonable to a point.

No, the real problems are the French politicians. It's the same the world over: politicians are the root of all evil.

And, yes, we desperately need to secure our borders. I remember the Hungarians (I think it was) built a long fence along their border to stop the infestation. For God's sake, we have a 'moat'. If we can't do better than we are doing at the moment we deserve to become a muslim country.
I would suggest that politicians, from all countries are power hungry and want to be in charge. The Brexit vote showed British politicians that this is not the case. If more people let their politicians know, when they are not listening to the people who voted them in, perhaps they would realize that they are our servants, not our masters. I just hope that our country can show that we made the right move and encourage others EU countries to get out, while they still can.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If more people let their politicians know, when they are not listening to the people who voted them in, perhaps they would realize that they are our servants, not our masters.
And this could be achieved if we adopted the situation that the Swiss benefit from: it is relatively easy for them to demand a referendum on any matter of importance provided enough people ask for it.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top