Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Now We Have To Get Rid Of ALL Gas Appliances!.

Yes folks, following the Paris Climate Change Summit, along with EU enforcement...

Tell Sid, we're not cooking with gas anymore! RICHARD LITTLEJOHN says climate change deal signed in Paris isn't worth the paper it's written on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ritten-on.html

It has emerged that in order to meet our commitments, we will have to scrap every gas cooker, gas fire and gas boiler in Britain. No gas hobs, no gas ovens, no log-effect flames in the sitting room.

So where does that leave the 23 million British homes dependent upon gas for cooking and heating?
According the Government’s Committee on Climate Change, we can switch to heat pumps, which extract warmth from the ground and air. The only drawback is that these devices cost £12,000 a pop.

This is what happens when the bright new future of Cook, Cook, Cook, Cookability gives way to the hippy-dippy sentiment of teaching the world to sing (in perfect harmony), even if that means economic ruin and plunging Britain into darkness.
It’s enough to make you want to stick your head in a gas oven!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 11:09 AM

Re: Now We Have To Get Rid Of ALL Gas Appliances!.

Is it just me or does anyone else want to shake these committees and say what stupidity have you decided to come up with now, that is not going to happen, but hey at least you all got a weekend away.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Is it just me or does anyone else want to shake these committees and say what stupidity have you decided to come up with now, that is not going to happen, but hey at least you all got a weekend away.
Shirly.
Sad to say but this WILL happen.
Remember the ordinary light bulbs we can no longer buy?

Britons will have to scrap GAS BOILERS and COOKERS thanks to Paris climate deal

MILLIONS of British families are being warned they will be forced to scrap gas cookers, boilers and fires so the nation can meet new strict targets aimed at stopping rises in global temperature.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/626...okers-Scrapped

The climate change zealots along with the EU will get you in the end!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 11:43 AM

These people who come up with these ideas are a load of tossers!!! Get onto the countries that are really doing the damage China,India, USA etc.
And what about all this warfare going on surely that must be affecting the climate change?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 11:43 AM

As you say Boozercruiser I am sure they will get me in the end, I suppose when you need to replace either the boiler or the gas fire etc they will just steer you into another direction.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

15-12-2015, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
These people who come up with these ideas are a load of tossers!!! Get onto the countries that are really doing the damage China,India, USA etc.
And what about all this warfare going on surely that must be affecting the climate change?
Not having a clue what to do about the everyday problems which concern the people who pay their wages — let alone the menace of Islamist terrorism and mass migration — they disguise their impotence and indifference by diving headlong into displacement activity.
Take the Paris ‘climate change’ summit. Didn’t they do well?
The developing world — India, China, Brazil — will smile benignly and simply ignore the Fantasy Island targets, by continuing to pump out toxic emissions on the basis that they’ve got a lot of catching up to do. The U.S. Congress will never agree to the deal and Obama’s on his way out anyway.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz3uNws8yz6
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 12:10 PM

Just a neat way to get everyone totally dependent on electricity which of course isn't able to cope as it is . . . . which in turn means we will then welcome lots of nuclear power stations (which are coming like it or not!).

By the same token, this whole escapade is also partly to prevent the advent of Shale Gas allowing countries to be largely self-sufficient energy-wise. It is estimated that the UK has enough Shale Gas beneath its shores to serve the country's needs for some 50-70 years. No surprise then that the people who currently supply us with energy from afar are doing all they can to subvert that eventuality from happening, organising anti-fracking campaigns and so on.

Making gas a complete No No falls neatly into their hands. It strips the British public from energy choice, ensures it can't be self-sufficient and that everyone has to pay exorbitant prices for their electricity.

Just one more assault on the population conducted in such a way as the Sheeple won't realise it's an assault. This is a war in every sense. Your rights and basic freedoms are being stripped away under the guise of "other" things which are diversionary measures (e.g. climate change). It happened in the US and it's happening here.

At what point will people stand and be counted I wonder?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 12:25 PM

I could say something about Richard Littlejohn and his 'loose' interpretation of the subject he is attempting to broach but I will save my breath and my blood pressure
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 12:27 PM

I read some weeks back that Canada has built a number of new clean coal burning power stations, as they have huge reserves of coal.

We are closing down our coal burning power stations, regardless that we have a few hundreds years of coal reserves which burns cleaner than the coal in Canada.

Canada however make log bricks for burning in power stations (not theirs) which we purchase and ship at great cost.

Who are the mugs?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

15-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I could say something about Richard Littlejohn and his 'loose' interpretation of the subject he is attempting to broach but I will save my breath and my blood pressure
I just LOVE Littlejohn Meg.
He does cover serious issues of course, but always tries to put a funny spin on it.

Anyway Meg.
The last thing I would want is for your blood pressure to go up on my account.

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top