Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Re: UFOs

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I think.... when you take into consideration how vast the universe is, it is highly probably that 'life' does exist on other planets Not sure if it's as 'intelligent' as us tho
When there is a flying object and we don't know what it is, it is unidentified so yes UFOs exist.

If there is life on other planets and they are clever enough to get here then they are smart enough to fly away again with a shudder and without a backward glance.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 07:43 AM

If you accept the words of Patrick Moore -then he believes that with the billions of planets out there -the chances are that there are many life-forms
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 08:14 AM

Yes I strongly believe. When you think we are one of the smallest, if not the smallest of billions of planets out there, why should this be the only inhabited one.
Also I am sure I have seen one although it was in broad daylight, not at night like most people report and after what happened to horse quite a few years ago its all very likely to me.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 09:35 PM

I live only 4 miles from the UFO hotspot in the UK, Bonnybridge, they've had a lot of watchers from all over the world there.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 07:25 PM

I am not sure there are UFO's or aliens as such, but think unlike the loch ness monster I think there are "aliens" for want of a better world the universe is so big its unwise to think we humans are the be all and end all.

One thing for certain though if there is "other life out there" then I don't blame them for not making contact with us...I mean on almost every continent there is a war going on to some degree. And the atrocities that we let happen to those weaker than ourselves are unbelievable. So I would not make contact either….I think I would run scared of the human race as it stands at the moment.
I think we are at our worst in history. We have the power and technology to help each other yet we choose to fight over oil/power/religion...rather than use the resources to provide water/food/safety for each other.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
I am not sure there are UFO's or aliens as such, but think unlike the loch ness monster I think there are "aliens" for want of a better world the universe is so big its unwise to think we humans are the be all and end all.

One thing for certain though if there is "other life out there" then I don't blame them for not making contact with us...I mean on almost every continent there is a war going on to some degree. And the atrocities that we let happen to those weaker than ourselves are unbelievable. So I would not make contact either….I think I would run scared of the human race as it stands at the moment.
I think we are at our worst in history. We have the power and technology to help each other yet we choose to fight over oil/power/religion...rather than use the resources to provide water/food/safety for each other.
kazz I agree with you there. Just noticed your signature

I cannot believe we are the only planet with life. What forms other life takes is another subject though.

If you consider 'we' sent rockets to other planets in our system without thought for the 'owners' of that planet, then why would others not be doing the same - so I belive.

If you consider there is no hard scientific proof that we can be shown, then I don't.

Bit of a fence sitter then
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->
kazz I agree with you there. Just noticed your signature

I cannot believe we are the only planet with life. What forms other life takes is another subject though.

If you consider 'we' sent rockets to other planets in our system without thought for the 'owners' of that planet, then why would others not be doing the same - so I belive.

If you consider there is no hard scientific proof that we can be shown, then I don't.

Bit of a fence sitter then

Ahh but who is to say those "others out there" did not send rockets to Earth years before we had any idea of what was going on....now we can send rockets out maybe like concept of the film "War or the Worlds" we have been noticed a little, and are "interesting" if not of "interest" to Aliens...a little like to us a Chimp who paints a picture is interesting enough to capture our attention for a moment or two but not of enough interest to us to see what else he can do?
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Mmmmm. Never thought of that. Also if you delve into some of the ancient religions and stone carvings etc. they show spacecraft and landing strips long before such things were 'invented'. I read agreat book many moons ago 'the bermuda triangle and other mysteries' certainly made me think.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 09:58 PM

There is a story that an alien spaceship did land here eons ago and that some of their pets escaped....... and that's why most people have an aversion to snakes and spiders! They're aliens!

Of course the fossil record shows that's not true, but it's an amusing thought.
Kazz
West Mids

07-09-2009, 11:03 AM

So based on that if you like snakes and spiders then are you of Alien DNA????

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top