Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Re: Bye bye bankers

SF I read your post in two parts.

The first is about banks...

the news is not that banks will close in the UK and open elsewhere.
They are looking to reduce their presence in the UK and open new offices across the EU.
The UK FTSE stock market is and will be (I assume) still the biggest in Europe.

It is the EU business that will be shifted to the mainland, because of the laws regulating how financial business will be conducted...will it be taxed? What will access to the continent be for, say, insurance companies (and by reference, pension schemes) when current agreements are cancelled.

The smaller versions of banks left in the UK will concentrate on non eu business.

However the loss of the banks involved in UK-EU trade will be huge when the business goes elsewhere and the taxes they pay on transactions (which have largely made the UK wealthy) and th taxes of employees are not paid anymore.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
The 'game' was tony Bliar ... yes he of war crime fame ... David Kelly and a host of other coverups ..... he allowed open door and wouldn't hold referendum over Lisbon treaty REMEMBER .....ever wonder why ?

He reasoned that if he flooded the country with migrants then they will vote labour ...... self generating voters !
I thought this thread was about bankers, not another general rant about anything that pops into your head.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
SF I read your post in two parts.

The first is about banks...

the news is not that banks will close in the UK and open elsewhere.
They are looking to reduce their presence in the UK and open new offices across the EU.
The UK FTSE stock market is and will be (I assume) still the biggest in Europe.

It is the EU business that will be shifted to the mainland, because of the laws regulating how financial business will be conducted...will it be taxed? What will access to the continent be for, say, insurance companies (and by reference, pension schemes) when current agreements are cancelled.

The smaller versions of banks left in the UK will concentrate on non eu business.

However the loss of the banks involved in UK-EU trade will be huge when the business goes elsewhere and the taxes they pay on transactions (which have largely made the UK wealthy) and th taxes of employees are not paid anymore.
Hi

I have to disagree.

Easiest things first.

The Germans are buying the London Stock Exchange.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...-Exchange.html

It will be interesting to see if the EU Blocks it now.

The biggest shareholder in the LSE is Dubai, they have agreed to the sale.

Secondly the banks.

I know nothing about Finance, both my Son, who left a big bank earlier this year, and who now lives in Taiwan and my estranged daughter,do know.

She works for the dark side, she is a Tax Accountant.

Apparently Financial Services Companies are looking to move Headquarters to the EU, so that is where the Tax will be paid, not here in the UK.

They will do this to achieve the Passporting they need to continue servicing the EU.

These EU Passports will also allow them to continue their other worldwide businesses, so it does not make sense to pay two regulators, cheaper to just have one.
Flicker
France

08-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to disagree.

Easiest things first.

The Germans are buying the London Stock Exchange.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...-Exchange.html

It will be interesting to see if the EU Blocks it now.

The biggest shareholder in the LSE is Dubai, they have agreed to the sale.

Secondly the banks.

I know nothing about Finance, both my Son, who left a big bank earlier this year, and who now lives in Taiwan and my estranged daughter,do know.

She works for the dark side, she is a Tax Accountant.

Apparently Financial Services Companies are looking to move Headquarters to the EU, so that is where the Tax will be paid, not here in the UK.

They will do this to achieve the Passporting they need to continue servicing the EU.

These EU Passports will also allow them to continue their other worldwide businesses, so it does not make sense to pay two regulators, cheaper to just have one.
I think we agree on part two...

but apparently the London centre around non EU trade will continue to be done from London.

ie Canary Wharf lite.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Lovin’ it! McDonald’s is moving EU base to the UK
http://dailym.ai/2gZDoQu

But at least we get Ronald

Fast food giant is set to pay tax on income from outside the US in Britain
Base is being moved from Luxembourg after EU launched probe into taxes
McDonald's warned before referendum that Brexit would be damaging

Fast food giant McDonald's is moving its European base to the UK in a dramatic vote of confidence in Brexit.
The firm is to establish a new holding company in this country where it will pay tax on most of its income outside of the US. The Treasury could rake in hundreds of millions of pounds a year as a result.
The shift, which will begin in the New Year, comes after the EU launched a probe into the company's tax arrangements at its current base in Luxembourg.
It represents a significant turnaround, as McDonald's warned in the run-up to the historic EU referendum that Brexit would be damaging and drive up unemployment.
In July the company announced it was creating 5,000 jobs after franchise managers made a £600million investment to overhaul the 1,250 restaurants in the UK.
In a statement today the company said: 'McDonald's pays a significant amount of corporate taxes.
'From 2011-2015, we paid more than $2.5billion in corporate taxes in the EU, with an average tax rate approaching 27 percent.'
The news will be a welcome boost to Theresa May, who has made attracting major firms to Britain a key part of her post-Brexit strategy.
Flicker
France

08-12-2016, 04:57 PM

Well if you want to welcome a tax dodger, be sure you keep track of its books.

I will be interested if it declares all its income in the UK...apparently it is easy not to...ask Apple and Microsoft...
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I thought this thread was about bankers, not another general rant about anything that pops into your head.
I left another forum due to the mods allowing your viscous barbed comments and your self declared modding on posts so with due respect ...... SHUT IT ! I will post /reply to others as/when I see fit and since the question of migration was raised in this thread then I replied to it , sadly you pop up on this site too like Cameron's warning of a plague to ruin another forum ...... DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN POST
Flicker
France

08-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I left another forum due to the mods allowing your viscous barbed comments and your self declared modding on posts so with due respect ...... SHUT IT ! I will post /reply to others as/when I see fit and since the question of migration was raised in this thread then I replied to it , sadly you pop up on this site too like Cameron's warning of a plague to ruin another forum ...... DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN POST
Indeed I don't. however ISTM h at when a thread is entitled Bankers and a link is made, it sticks to that subject for more than a page...

or you could just ignore what I said and stop shouting.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

08-12-2016, 05:16 PM

And I will continue to post /reply to other posts as I see fit without clearance from yourself first
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 05:25 PM

A few hedge funds maybe Banks no.

I won't believe that until I see it.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top