Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 04:17 PM

Re: A few of the Labour Party are revolting.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Agreed.
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There are some double standards being shown.
Really, perhaps someone would like to point out the 'double standards' and take it up with Admin .
I can't see any myself.

What I can see is one member posting one post and slightly poking fun at a political party when for weeks members of every political party and none have have to put up with one member posting dozens of posts with almost identical titles clearly designed to ridicule a political party. I can only assume the titles of all those posts were intended to offend members because when the poster was requested to post more descriptive less repetitive titles the request was ignored.

Personally I don't see the need to ridicule any political party with name calling but I hardly think anyone is a position to complain about one post from one person when we are faced with dozens from another.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 04:41 PM

Here Here Meg
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 04:48 PM

I take back my comment about both threads deserving discussion as the subject matter is interesting in both parties.
Originally it was.
But both threads are trash now so quite why they're in different sections is confusing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I take back my comment about both threads deserving discussion as the subject matter is interesting in both parties.
Originally it was.
But both threads are trash now so quite why they're in different sections is confusing.
Really Ruthio what about the many threads in this section with nasty party in the title would you like all those moved to Trash too
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really Ruthio what about the many threads in this section with nasty party in the title would you like all those moved to Trash too
Thanks for offering but no, I'm perfectly happy with 'nasty party' , doesn't bother me one bit, it's the contents that get trashed not the titles.
I'm far more offended by horror/terror titles, those are the ones I don't go near.
Hey, we've been here before.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:44 PM

I agree with Ruthio, the nasty party was the name the party thought up for themselves anyway seems they can see themselves as they are but others don't like it.

Interesting many forums have no problem with calling the Labour Party names but here we are too sensitive to allow the same for the tories.

Most of the threads when you opened them were interesting and deserving of discussion, not Micky taking at all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Quite a few were boring and repetitious too .
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with Ruthio, the nasty party was the name the party thought up for themselves anyway seems they can see themselves as they are but others don't like it.

Interesting many forums have no problem with calling the Labour Party names but here we are too sensitive to allow the same for the tories.

Most of the threads when you opened them were interesting and deserving of discussion, not Micky taking at all.
Not so. The name was used by Teresa May in a speech some time ago What she said was, if some Conservatives continued to behave as the were, there was a danger of them being called The Nasty Party.

Like all Parties there are good and bad members even in Labour would you believe. Despite what you think there are many decent Conservative supporters who object to being tarred with that particular brush.

Ask yourself how you would feel if you logged in to that each day and people used the terms about you that have been used in certain posts.
It seems to me when the compliment is returned the left start complaining.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 07:07 PM

Hear, hear Meg, your post of 3.17pm.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

26-02-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Quite a few were boring and repetitious too .
So threads that are boring and repetitious should go to Trash?
In that case I'm sure we've all got our nominations!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top