Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Re: Postal service

We had 3 christmas cards as our address is 1, 2 & 3, you would think they could work out by now we are one property. We have only been here since 1978!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 05:34 PM

First class stamps to go up to 41p
That sounds a lot - maybe it's not in comparison to, say, a Kit-Kat?
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 06:50 PM

Well I honestly don't understand what you all are going through, but I have sent a birthday and christmas present to my dear friend and they have had to pay a tax to recieve my packages. I marked GIFT and some of the things were actually clothes from ME and I listed them as USED clothes GIFT! So I don't understand. but she did get them... so I suppose thats something??? Right? Her address or Zip Code as we call it over here is: SE 28 8DP
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 07:10 PM

My son paid for Special Delivery on an item for one of his customers. It was dispatched by the supplier on Friday 19th, they rang to say it was on its way. This was supposed to be an overnight delivery by Parcel FArce and yet it still has not arrived. On checking online it is still at the Hub, not even out for delivery. He has a very anxious customer who is waiting for his mother's Christmas present to arrive.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

12-01-2010, 01:32 PM

The postal service in the UK is certainly going through some troubled times............but over here, time is of no importance, if it arrives, it arrives, seems to be the thing. Recently I have been getting a lot of mail for the house next door, which is empty and up for sale.........so when I saw the postie I nabbed her. In my limited Spanish I asked her why she was putting next doors mail through my letter box.............her reply? 'The house next door is empty'.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top