Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 12:32 PM

Re: Tinnitus

Originally Posted by maggis ->
I used to hear what I'd swear is 'opera' music/chorus until just a year ago when it just went away for no apparent reason, I put it down to working in factories as the noise was truly deafening and altho' earplugs were supplied few ever bothered using them ... but for years it drove me mad and on more than one occasion I'd get up and open the front door to see if a neighbour was playing loud music ... weird !
My MIL was always complaining about the noise coming from next door and swore that next doors phone was ringing at 2am. She said their television was loud and she could hear music and that her microwave kept pinging.

Now MIL is extremely deaf and often cannot hear her own phone ringing let alone the neighbours. It came to a head when she swore that a neighbour across the road had put Christmas decorations up in his garden a the snowman was singing carols.

We spoke to her doctor who said it was the steroid type inhaler she was using. He said that all steroids MAY cause this problem and put her on another inhaler she is now back to being very deaf and noise free.

I know that this must be an awful thing to live with particularly when there is no easy cure like mum had. Please don't think I am making light of what is a really awful thing but at the time mum's little problem was a puzzlement.
ratbag
UK
ratbag is female  ratbag has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 11:04 PM

hi have been reading all the posts and do feel for you , was wondering I dont see anyone mention what I have it sounds like a pulse from a heart beat in my ear , not whistling or buzzing ,anyone know if there is a cure for that ? thanks
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 10:00 AM

Morning ratbag wonder if this is interesting to you.

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/pulsatile-tinnitus
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ratbag ->
hi have been reading all the posts and do feel for you , was wondering I dont see anyone mention what I have it sounds like a pulse from a heart beat in my ear , not whistling or buzzing ,anyone know if there is a cure for that ? thanks
It does sound like Pulsatile Tinnitus ratbag, have you had it checked out?
Judy L
New Member!
Nebraska USA
Judy L is female 

06-09-2013, 07:10 PM

In the September 2013 issue of Prevention magazine there is a good article about tinnitus. I think it will answer many questions for you. Good luck. JL

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top