Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Well are you?

Over lunch we were talking to some people and discussing life.

The main question was:-

Are you living your life?

Well of course I am I am breathing, and walking and talking, but that is not living.

Do you plan your life what you are going to do next, where do you want to visit, what entertainment you want etc

Two of the people around the table found that they were existing not living, they did not go anywhere they just got up in the morning at the same time regardless of whether they woke earlier or not, had breakfast and then let the day take them along until lunch, had lunch, usually just a sandwich and then followed the morning procedure again until their evening meal time and then watched TV until bedtime. All the times were the same every day, breakfast 9:030, lunch 12:00 evening meal 5:00pm. Every day of the week was the same routine.

After today they decided to change their lifestyle and do things ad hoc to which I said why not plan what you want to do each day.

Well ask youself, Am I living life to the full and making use of my being alive time.

ARE YOU??????
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Re: Well are you?

No I am not but I know about life but am too old and achy and tired to do any thing else.I am like an old dog.... time to stay at home.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 06:53 PM

I stopped "living" a long time ago. I just live to go to work to earn money for my wife to spend it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 06:55 PM

We don't plan each and every day but we usually decide what to do after breakfast, it could be a walk or a bit of shopping or an afternoon at the cinema, a visit to an out of town market. But we do something every day.

We plan all our holidays and we have been to lots of different countries. But we don't wring out every bit of life out of each and every day, we would be too tired
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 07:18 PM

I am just thank full to have made it through open heart oppertion

so no complaints here
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 07:23 PM

I suppose I am living my life - it's certainly busy and active enough, but as the years have passed I have not been able to do a lot of the things I would have liked to do with my life and this includes retirement. Other people's needs and security have become more important for the moment, at least, and those needs have had quite an impact financially and taken up a lot of the time we would have spent doing what we wanted. But hey ho - that's life Folks can't plan their lives to the Nth degree or do what we wan't to do. On balance, I know I am lucky - I just wan't to keep going in reasonable health for as long as I need to.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Do you plan your life what you are going to do next, where do you want to visit, what entertainment you want etc

Two of the people around the table found that they were existing not living, they did not go anywhere they just got up in the morning at the same time regardless of whether they woke earlier or not, had breakfast and then let the day take them along until lunch, had lunch, usually just a sandwich and then followed the morning procedure again until their evening meal time and then watched TV until bedtime. All the times were the same every day, breakfast 9:030, lunch 12:00 evening meal 5:00pm. Every day of the week was the same routine.
So many things have happened to me over the years I feel I have lived several lives already

Now all I want routine, stability and to take life at a leisurely pace without lots of people making demands on me.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 07:36 PM

I'm afraid we too are creatures of habit, certain chores get done on certain days, meals are at certain times etc., but we enjoy our routine and are very comfortable with each other and our lot generally. We always take the dogs out walking every day to a variety of places, and in the warmer months we try to get a few days away in the caravan every month.

We did all the energetic stuff that we wanted to earlier in our lives, so we are now quite content to sit back and watch the rest of the world amble by and leave us behind, the natural order of things surely...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 07:59 PM

I enjoy my life, very active indeed.
I go out after breakfast and return at about 4pm.
Our holidays are planned, and we know exactly when our daughter returns to the UK in the rest of the year.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 08:10 PM

My ex son in law who has Spinabifida says "We are not here to enjoy ourselves" whatever that may mean. We are here for a purpose but not sure what that is.When you are knocked down its up to you(one) to get dusted off and try again. Some of us make it others dont. ( now that was a load of drivel if ever there was one.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top