Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 01:58 PM

My dog has a cold in his nose

My lovely Ruud seems to have a cold in the form of a runny nose a bit of sneezing and yesterday a bit of a cough but that could have been down to the fact that he bolted a biscuit soooooo fast.

He seems to be alright he is eating well, sleeping well and is bright eyed and ready for his walk. Recently he has been getting quite cold and wet on his beach walks and I know this sounds daft but he has a very thick coat so he would stay damp for sometime so I wondered if this would cause a chill. ( Please don't laugh)

I don't want to take him to the vet just yet as my friend did and the antibiotic injection they gave his dog Homer made him quite ill so any ideas from you lovely lot.

Happy new Year and may it be peaceful and prosperous for us all.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 02:06 PM

Re: My dog has a cold in his nose

Nope, not laughing here Cate , Murphy's coat was very thick and hours after drying him as thoroughly as we could he was still wet underneath, next to his skin. Smells lovely though
Sorry, don't know anything about the sniffles, the only time we had that was when Bobby (border collie) got a pine needle up there.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 03:43 PM

Maybe Ruud has something up his nose too. If he keeps sneezing it may show itself.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Whatever the cause of Ruud's runny nose is, I hope it clears up soon, Cate
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Has he got Kennel cough, if he has he needs to go to the vets, although he would crouch when he coughs,sorry can only suggest the KC. Do you dry him with the drier when he comes home, (Hair drier, not too hot)Phoebe has a pushed up short nose and they can suffer with their chests if left wet.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:11 PM

I had to take Loki to the vet a couple of months ago as she had a chill - she had a temperature. She had got a soaking whilst we were out walking and because of her heavy thick coat, it takes ages to dry, although I do use a hair dryer on it! I have now got her a raincoat, she loves it!

I do hope your dog is OK but if it is eating and still active, he should be fine.

Healing hugs to him xx
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

31-12-2011, 09:03 PM

No Ruud doesn't appear to cough, that would worry me. Just makes the snorting snuffle kind of noise. I am inclined to believe he may have sniffed something up there. I don't want to invade with baby ear buds as that would shove it up further. Meanwhile thank you for your wishes and hugs and I will let you know how things progress.

What a good idea to use a hair dryer he likes being vacuumed so no problem there. I shall dig out my unused hair dryer and warm him up when he comes back soaked. Thank you as I knew you are a clever lot.

By the way Happy New Year to you all and your pets.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:21 PM

Hope Ruud soon improves CC. Eating and drinking well is a good sign. Please give him a hug from me.

Happy New Year to you and your pets as well......
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 12:42 AM

Hi Cate, soo sorry to hear the lovely Ruud has a runny nose, hope it gets better soon. Drying him off with a hairdryer sounds a very good idea as I know just how thick his coat is Please give him hugs from me
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Hi Cate, big (((HUGS))) from me and the pups to Ruud, get well soon....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top