Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Re: Final Preparations

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I'm down to 4 days to departure on my vacation. I'm still tying up loose ends. I checked on insurance for the camera gear I'm toting with me on my upcoming trip to the Canyons of the West. I'm already covered for up to $35,000 because of my apartment insurance. I've always taken that kind of policy because I own a lot of expensive technology and in an apartment house you have less control over your environment than owning your own home. A careless tenant can burn the whole building down, destroying all your treasures.

I need to buy snack foods like fruit for the 18 hour train ride. I have already purchased plenty of beef jerky & mixed nuts. Being a diabetic causes me to take care in what I eat.

I'm preparing an old wallet for this trip. All I want in it is my driver's license, my two credit cards & cash. The same philosophy applies to keys. All I'm carrying is a single door key. The less I carry, the less heartache should I lose stuff.
Just a thought Bob matey, is it wise to keep both cash and credit cards in the same wallet together??? - personally I keep cash and cards separate so that if I happen to lose one or other I still have a fall-back position.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 11:39 AM

I trust you have your sunscreen packed, Bob?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I trust you have your sunscreen packed, Bob?
Yes, I do. In fact I have at least 3 small bottles because of the airport regulations against any larger containers being carried. I terrorist might blow us all up with his mouthwash.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 02:47 PM

More importantly have you got the combination to your suitcase lock written down and stored elsewhere than inside the case itself
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
More importantly have you got the combination to your suitcase lock written down and stored elsewhere than inside the case itself
No suitcases allowed on this trip Joe. It's duffel bags and soft luggage only. I have one very large duffel for my camping gear and a smaller one for clothes. My camera bag will be permanently attached to my body.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

17-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Have a good one Bob and I really look forward to lots of photos on your return.
Cheers.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

17-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Have a good one Bob and I really look forward to lots of photos on your return.
Cheers.
I'm carrying (4) 8gig memory cards and a 250gig battery powered card reading hard drive. If I fill all that up I'm in trouble. Lol
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 09:53 PM

You really are organised Bob. 4 days will soon pass and then you'll be on your way....exciting!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 10:06 PM

Well I am looking forward to your holiday stories and of course the superb pictures you have an eye for a good picture be it people/animal/landscape......Never heard of the company you are going with but look forward as I say to your verdict.

Most of all enjoy sure you will.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top