Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 01:26 AM

Baby bat with hiccups

I can't imagine anyone spoon-feeding a baby bat, but the video is kind of cute.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Re: Baby bat with hiccups

Awwwwww it's so wee and helpless. I'm not a Fan of Bats but you can't help liking the wee thing......so cute.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-06-2012, 09:02 AM

I think bats should be a protected species, but having said that regard them as flying mice of which I am phobic. When I was a baby one flew in and out of the bars of my cot causing me great distress. I remember my parents running around the bedroom trying to swat the thing!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:39 AM

I thought bats were a protected species! I have them in my loft and not allowed to do anything about them. But they don't cause me any bother, I just cant store anything in the loft!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:41 AM

So cute. I quite like bats but we sometimes used to get them in the bedroom where we lived in UK, trying to catch them with teatowels was useless but after we were exhausted they usually managed to find their way out through the window again. We rescued a really tiny bat out of the swimming pool in Africa and put it under a bush in the shade to dry out, unfortunately it must have crawled from under the bush, we found it later nearby dead, all dried up by the sun.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I think bats should be a protected species, but having said that regard them as flying mice of which I am phobic. When I was a baby one flew in and out of the bars of my cot causing me great distress. I remember my parents running around the bedroom thrying to swat the thing!
Bats are a protected species in this country and have been for some time. You are not allowed to do anything to disturb them.

You must have an extremely good memory if you can remember your cradle days in such detail.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
I thought bats were a protected species! I have them in my loft and not allowed to do anything about them. But they don't cause me any bother, I just cant store anything in the loft!
You are quite right. You are not allowed to do anything to disturb them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Very cute

I love bats, there are lots around here and I see them swooping around when I take Chloe out for her late walk.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Bats are a protected species in this country and have been for some time. You are not allowed to do anything to disturb them.

You must have an extremely good memory if you can remember your cradle days in such detail.
I know that, I was agreeing that they should be a protected species.

I have an extremely good memory for events from my extreme infancy even if I can't always remember recent things. I feel a new thread coming on!
mesco m
manchester

22-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I know that, I was agreeing that they should be a protected species.

I have an extremely good memory for events from my extreme infancy even if I can't always remember recent things. I feel a new thread coming on!
Sorry but you weren't very clear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top