Join for free
View Poll Results: What stresses you most?
Finances 8 27.59%
Relationships 2 6.90%
Health 4 13.79%
Children 2 6.90%
Fear of a disaster/terrorist attack 0 0%
Other 13 44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Re: What stresses you most?

Back on the political subject, . . I really must stop getting so angry, . . sometimes I'm like a benzedrine fuelled Puff Adder.

I must think . . babbling brooks, . . tropical islands, . . white sandy beaches bathed in warm sunlight, . . . ah, that's better.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jan ->
I've voted other as none of the options seemed to fit.
The older I get the less things stress me. Though getting Christmas dinner right and trying to keep MIL happy can become a bit fraught.
I agree, things that would have driven me mad when I was younger don't now. One of the advantages of getting older and having a different perspective on things, I suppose.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I put `other` because you haven`t got a General Public`s Stupidity and Incompetence` button.
- I so agree
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I agree, things that would have driven me mad when I was younger don't now. One of the advantages of getting older and having a different perspective on things, I suppose.
I tend not to get stressed now, things just wash over me....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I put `other` because you haven`t got a General Public`s Stupidity and Incompetence` button.
I voted 'Other' as well and was tempted to say the same as you Claire but have decided mine is 'Call centres located in India' with their poor English language skills, complete disinterest in trying to help, lack of knowledge of even the most basic things, and a farewel message which is delivered with all the enthsiasm of a brain dead chicken
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Oh Losos, that did make me laugh! It's really not funny, but such a perfect description of what it's like on a helpline!!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 10:13 AM

The only thing that I get very stressed about and I have stopped watching them, are these Police car chase shows.

When they catch these scum bags I am shouting at the TV"Use your truncheon and smash the B******* head in"....... and the dog runs whimpering out of the room.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
When they catch these scum bags I am shouting at the TV"Use your truncheon and smash the B******* head in"....... and the dog runs whimpering out of the room.
Yes, it's so infuriating - Have you noticed that when they stop a car full of hoodies or suspected drug dealers they always begin with "Hello mate, how you doing"

Hello mate - WTF this is the Police calling some possible drug dealer 'Mate'

I really think I'll have to stop watching these programmes before I chuck some heavy object at the telly.
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 09:24 PM

I answered 'finances'. Work turnover/profit is so bound up with being able to pay the bills that when it's short things get very fraught.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 11:32 AM

I voted "other" as well as the only time I feel stressed out is when Loki is taking her fits!! Oh and when the parrots are acting up!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top