Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

27-05-2021, 08:11 PM

Re: Operations.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You all have my respect so brave especially Ullabi Zaphod and Judd

I have had a few minor operations but nothing to write home about .

Thank you Muddy.

Though speaking for myself I don't really think I was brave. It was a question of living or dying and as I was in an induced coma for the first four months I wasn't aware of much of what was going on until I woke up and slowly started to realise how much of me was missing.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 08:12 PM

Ullabi, that must have been some shock for you. Did you receive any sort of counselling or anything?
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

27-05-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ullabi, that must have been some shock for you. Did you receive any sort of counselling or anything?
Yes it was a shock and took a long time to sink in and for me to come to grips with what my new body looked like. And no I didn't get much counselling. This was over thirty years ago and things were very different then. The only real help I got was from the rehab staff and physiotherapists who did their best to boost my morale, taught me how to clean and change my ostomy bags, put on and take of my prosthesis and manage my daily life in a wheelchair.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Exactly. That's why Manchester is always wet - the rain struggles to get past the Pennines.
Absolutely Judd......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Yes it was a shock and took a long time to sink in and for me to come to grips with what my new body looked like. And no I didn't get much counselling. This was over thirty years ago and things were very different then. The only real help I got was from the rehab staff and physiotherapists who did their best to boost my morale, taught me how to clean and change my ostomy bags, put on and take of my prosthesis and manage my daily life in a wheelchair.
You are one tough lady Ullabi and I'm amazed at the positive mental attitude that has allowed you to overcome some major issues and adapt to a life as close to normal as is possible. Most able bodied people would have trouble keeping up with you..Such an inspiration...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Tonsils out when I was 8, I can remember them giving me jelly and ice cream afterwards

Miscarriage (D & C) although not exactly an operation as such

Ectopic pregancy in my early 30s removal of fallopian tube and one ovary

major surgery for gall bladder removal as they were unable to do keyhole because they said i had too many adhesions in my body

Nothing compared to some in here. I hope never to have to go through what some of you have, good to hear of recoveries whilst keeping a good sense of humour.

I hope not to have anymore ops or hospital stays.

Be well everyone and keep smiling xxxxx
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 09:46 PM

Both hips replaced, bone graft to left arm
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

28-05-2021, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You are one tough lady Ullabi and I'm amazed at the positive mental attitude that has allowed you to overcome some major issues and adapt to a life as close to normal as is possible. Most able bodied people would have trouble keeping up with you..Such an inspiration...
Thank you OGF, but I really didn't have much choice except to get on with things as best I could, plus the fact that I also had my children who were then ten seven and four years old who needed their mother.

Yes, over the years I've learned that with a big dose of determination you can do most things even with a severe disability

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top