Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Re: Unannounced visitors ......

Thinking about it, everyone was social years ago, when i was little my Mum would be popping into Mrs so an so's house, and Mrs thingy's house because they didn't have a phone's it was all the spur of the moment and everybody was happy and smiley and cups of tea were flowing and teeth were chattering and everybody was giving what's gone wrong!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 06:44 PM

You're right Sue - but pace of life was different then
Womens place was in the home and their fellow neighbours were a Godsend from the tedium of it all - they relied on each other
I agree - in some ways, it was better for it
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You're right Sue - but pace of life was different then
Womens place was in the home and their fellow neighbours were a Godsend from the tedium of it all - they relied on each other
I agree - in some ways, it was better for it

It was a lot better, i used to get a bun or some sweets from them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It was a lot better, i used to get a bun or some sweets from them.
Me too
Belle
Warrington
Belle is female 

23-02-2015, 08:35 PM

Does it bother you, if a visitor turns up at your door without ringing you first ?
I have never turned up at someones door expecting them to drop everything because I've decided to visit them, but we get this a lot. Even though our internal phone is not directly charged, so costs nothing to ask if they can pop over - Ggrrrr, don't like it ........
yes it does, but even worse than that I have had 2 hoax calls, this morning and tonight, this evenings call was to tell me that they were sorry to hear my mother had died. fortunately my mother died several years ago. so grrrrrr grrrrr
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Belle ->
yes it does, but even worse than that I have had 2 hoax calls, this morning and tonight, this evenings call was to tell me that they were sorry to hear my mother had died. fortunately my mother died several years ago. so grrrrrr grrrrr
That's rotten Belle - have a whistle at the ready and give them a good blast down the phone x
Belle
Warrington
Belle is female 

23-02-2015, 10:26 PM

yes I will, I have asked my son to bring me a whistle, in the meantime I will scream very loudly
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My mum has constant people popping in. Her kettle's always on and she always has a stash of biccies on the go
My mum was like that.
Me? I don't mind folk popping in and if they have a bottle of vino then my eyes have been known to light up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:47 PM

That is dreadful Belle. If someone's mother was still alive, that could really spook the recipient.
What did they want? Were they selling something or wasit kids messing about?
I would have been furious.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:03 AM

Does it bother you, if a visitor turns up at your door without ringing you first ?
I have never turned up at someones door expecting them to drop everything because I've decided to visit them, but we get this a lot. Even though our internal phone is not directly charged, so costs nothing to ask if they can pop over - Ggrrrr, don't like it ........
I totaly agree Patsy, a quick phone call (even if they do have to pay) enables you to prepare, and make a time slot, and ensure all important stuff is done, in my work timing is quite important so someone ringing the door bell could cost me quite a lot of money.

We trained our Newfie to bark at anyone approaching the gate or even dares to cross it. She's not aggressive but they don't know that She weighs 55 Kgs by the way so surprisingly we don't often get that kind of visitor

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top