Join for free
Page 88 of 129 « First < 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 > Last »
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 06:04 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

No one been here since I was last in yesterday, hope I haven't frightened you all away.

Another day at sea, had rain early on, but then the weather was glorious if a little cooler than the last few days.
This morning I did line dancing, then sudoku and crossword while waiting for the game of Beetle Drive, followed closely by Shuffleboard which was nice in the sun.
After lunch we went to ballroom dance lesson, then decided to put a load of washing on to lessen the load when I get home, We then had a game of golf chipping into the swimming pool passengers versus crew, which a passenger won.
Been chatting to a couple we played Rummikub with last night before the show, as there wasn't much else we were interested in doing.
Tonight there is a farewell cocktail party for dinner, at showtime tonight there is a murder mystery who dunnit event, which is different.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 07:06 PM

Hello Val ... and everyone else of course

Thanks for the update Val ... you'll be glad to get home for a rest
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:35 PM

I'm wondering what you will do, Val, when you get home! Looking for the games, the ballroom, the other passengers...I bet you will be restless for a few days, wondering where all the activity is.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 09:11 PM

Good evening, Val your cruise has certainly been an epic one, it must become a way of life and you must get to know the other people so well. Hope you are enjoying the farewell cocktail party.
Myrtle I see you have been enjoying your dancing, it is a great hobby.
I've been doing a bit of decorating and have bought the ingredients for my Xmas cake which I will make with my daughter on Saturday.
hope everyone is well.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 10:57 PM

Hello again

I can assure you all that Val leads a very busy life at home .... very much like the cruise but on terra firma

Anita ... yes dancing is a wonderful pastime but so is decorating and making a C*******s cake ! Sorry ... don't like to use the C word until late November
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 03:46 PM

Afternoon all, another day at sea, and our last day. We still have our packing to do, whilst others have already done theirs. Even a suitcase outside the cabin as we went to breakfast this morning.
We all have to have them out before we go to bed tonight.

Last night the show was a murder mystery, and we were given sheets of paper to write down who committed the murder, why and how. They said I was the only one to get it correct so was given a prize of a bottle of champagne .

Today started off with Line dancing, closely followed by Carpet Bowls, then collected Sudoku and crossword to start before Golf putting, had a drink before attending the talk about disembarkation process tomorrow morning. We are due to leave ship at 10.20am.
After lunch it was ballroom dance lesson, so just got time for a bit of catch up here before the game, Never say die, then we will go and do our packing.
Weather been nice today although noticeably cooler, which is not surprising.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Good afternoon, enjoy your last days on your cruise Val.

Myrtle I agree about the not mentioning C too soon. I am getting ahead with the cake though I probably wouldn't if my daughter hadn't said she was coming to help me with it on Saturday.
I hate trying to think of presents, but will be seeing son and DIL in mid November and then not for some time after Xmas, so need to give them theirs then.
The weather here is dull and it's already starting to look dark, so typical of this time of year. Hope that all those on half-term are having a nice time, it will be halloween in a few days, probably a lot of pumpkin carving going on.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 05:39 PM

Safe journey home, Val!

Afternoon all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

29-10-2014, 06:43 PM

Hello everyone

Safe journey home from me too Val

Anita .... giving presents is a thing of the past for me now except for my two GC who are easy to buy for but I only spend £20 each on them as I put money in their BS accounts ... the same on their birthdays. My son and daughter know they won't get anything these days ... they're better off than me but I do surprise them now and again !

PS .... I love C cake so if you've any left over .......
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK

30-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Well, I'm home and thanks for the safe journey home wishes

We had calm sailings coming back to UK and arrived in Southampton punctually this morning.
It was quite amusing to find on our arrival that the Port authorities air bridge to connect the ships exit into the terminal building was having technical problems, which meant disembarkation couldn't commence until it was fixed, which took about an hour, However, our own departure was only about 15 minutes later than planned, everything went smoothly after that and we arrived home about 3.30pm.
Nearly had an accident at home though, the driver hopped out of the car to open our gate, and the car started rolling back, by the time we shouted for the driver and he ran to stop the vehicle, we were only about a foot away from crashing into a parked car, fortunately there were less cars parked than would have been a bit later on.
The car was shared with another couple who were being taken to Llandudno after dropping us off.

Page 88 of 129 « First < 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top