Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:33 AM

Re: Branson Bailout

Well said Donkeyman...

Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield was the best thing that Branson ever produced, after that he sold his soul to the devil! £££££££$$$$$$
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
The cheek of this guy!! From 2009, when British Airways was trying for a bailout...

"[Branson], who founded Virgin Atlantic 25 years ago, said the Government should not step in and bail out BA if the need arises.

Sir Richard, speaking before departing for New York today on a celebrity-studded anniversary flight, said: 'It would not be in Britain's interest.

'We and others are standing by ready to take on their routes and runway slots at Heathrow if they get into serious trouble."

So, don't worry Branson, I'm sure others will take on your routes and runway slots. It's not in Britain's interests to bail you out.
Nice one Tachyon..... He can't be classed as 'British' anymore; The shyster!...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:18 AM

Just seen this on Guido, it's brilliant !

https://order-order.com/2020/04/22/h...ned-3-billion/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:22 AM

And good old Katie Hopkins has a message for Dick Branson too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o73eeTIsti8
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
And good old Katie Hopkins has a message for Dick Branson too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o73eeTIsti8
I just love that woman.....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
A general point.
Both Denmark and Poland have excluded from their Financial Support any company using a Tax Haven.
Not a bad idea in my view.
I think that's an excellent idea and should be employed immediately by our Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I saw somewhere Branson has not paid personal tax in uk for several years Todgy, Reason being he resides elsewhere whilst some of his businesses operate in uk where they pay corporation tax based on the profits of those companies in uk! However, those companies are run on a very high expenses basis and so rarely reach profits and sometimes even claim tax rebates
because of this!! Meanwhile Branson keeps his management
company based in the virgin isles where he resides, this company then invoices the struggling uk companies for services rendered to be paid in the virgin isles thus bypassing the tax on his income that he should have paid, like an ordinary citizen?

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
That is precisely how licences and licence fees work, Donks. Every shred of paper or any other stuff that bears the Virgin logo will cost the company using it an agreed amount of money.

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
The cheek of this guy!! From 2009, when British Airways was trying for a bailout...

"[Branson], who founded Virgin Atlantic 25 years ago, said the Government should not step in and bail out BA if the need arises.

Sir Richard, speaking before departing for New York today on a celebrity-studded anniversary flight, said: 'It would not be in Britain's interest.

'We and others are standing by ready to take on their routes and runway slots at Heathrow if they get into serious trouble."

So, don't worry Branson, I'm sure others will take on your routes and runway slots. It's not in Britain's interests to bail you out.
Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice one Tachyon..... He can't be classed as 'British' any more; The shyster!...
Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just seen this on Guido, it's brilliant !

https://order-order.com/2020/04/22/h...ned-3-billion/
That man Brans(t)on (as in pickle ) really does have some brass neck.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I just love that woman.....
She tells it as she sees it alright.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top