Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:57 AM

Re: Shopping for someone in isolation

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For those of us who bank online, no problem we can just use a cash transfer to a bank account.

I think new measures are coming in this weekend ( it was hinted at in the PMs speech yesterday) when the next restrictions of movement come into force to enable those vulnerable people being sheltered to get deliveries of essential items from supermarkets.
I mentioned the other day the possibility of help for the most vulnerable ....
'' the government has said members of the Armed Forces will help ensure essential items like groceries can be delivered to people who are at-risk.''

Halfway down the page..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
And from where do we draw the cash?
Give me your card and pin and I'll get it for you Tabby....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
And from where do we draw the cash?
You draw out as much as you can before you need to isolate. There have been reports of some people suggesting you give your card and pin number and taking more than they should.

The alternative is to do online shopping - but you may need to wait some time for delivery. If you have a helper who can buy just odd bits and pieces and rely on online shopping deliveries - that would probably work best.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Do as I do ST and have a pocket in Yer knickers where I've been hiding a wee stash of cash
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
You can’t restrain a person for not being able to understand . - Oh yes you can! If they're a danger to themselves or others - lock 'em up and throw away the key!!
There are many people who, due to mental illness, retardation, and/or alzheimers, simply can not comprehend what is happening and you want to put them in jail ? Shame on you. twisted:
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:05 PM

You draw out as much as you can before you need to isolate. There have been reports of some people suggesting you give your card and pin number and taking more than they should.

The alternative is to do online shopping - but you may need to wait some time for delivery. If you have a helper who can buy just odd bits and pieces and rely on online shopping deliveries - that would probably work best.
Surely not Lindy.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-03-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Do as I do ST and have a pocket in Yer knickers where I've been hiding a wee stash of cash
Don't forget it's there May and put them in the wash....Perhaps coins would be the way to go.... Make sure the elastic is strong enough to take the extra weight though...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't forget it's there May and put them in the wash....Perhaps coins would be the way to go.... Make sure the elastic is strong enough to take the extra weight though...
Aye,only coins...the £50 notes I keep under the mattress of My virginal bed
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Give me your card and pin and I'll get it for you Tabby....
You are a star, Foxy, I'll just pop it in the post to you!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 01:27 PM

You draw out as much as you can before you need to isolate.
I do not keep money in the house - not more a few pounds anyway - once burgled twice shy.

There have been reports of some people suggesting you give your card and pin number and taking more than they should.
Exactly. There have already been cases of that happening - and of the closed shops being looted.

The alternative is to do online shopping
Never for food - I like to see what I am buying and check the country of origin!. Besides which - the way things are going - I would be lucky to find a delivery slot this side of Christmas!

Until they nail up our front doors and/or start painting red plague crosses on them - I will continue to be cautious, sensible and non panicked - and go out to the shops!

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top