Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 11:32 AM

Re: Oh No not like America

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Looks like a ‘shoot and scoot’ post
It's what is known as "fake news".

Still it gets loads of responses, so that's what appeals to many.

I read the earth was flat. I might put a thread up about it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 08:53 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44654077

Yet another mass shooting in that 'wonderful' country across the pond!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Where America goes, Britain follows.

So far, knives and hammers seem to be the weapon of choice. I have some kitchen knives and a hammer, so I suppose that makes me equal within my own home.

One day, firearms will become more popular amongst the criminal classes. When that day dawns, will I be allowed a handgun for protection within my own home, I wonder?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Where America goes, Britain follows.

So far, knives and hammers seem to be the weapon of choice. I have some kitchen knives and a hammer, so I suppose that makes me equal within my own home.

One day, firearms will become more popular amongst the criminal classes. When that day dawns, will I be allowed a handgun for protection within my own home, I wonder?

And what good would that do you?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 11:02 AM

Hi

There are many Americans who do not carry guns and lead perfectly normal lives.

We should not tar them all with the same brush.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

29-06-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are many Americans who do not carry guns and lead perfectly normal lives.

We should not tar them all with the same brush.
True, not all Americans are crazy. Sadly it is the lunatics, like the president, who make the most noise.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Possession of guns for self-defence?

Well, I'd say it depends.

If this country were a lot safer (especially Londonistan and some other big cities), if there were a sufficient number of police, and if there were meaningful punishments for breaking the law, then yes, hopefully we wouldn't need guns for self-defence.

Sadly, what was once a very safe country in which to live is no longer. It is getting to the point where if you cannot defend yourself you are quite likely to be injured or even killed by criminals. Even if you give in and hand them whatever they want, you are not likely to come out of it unscathed. Look at the pictures of those old women who have been beaten up in their own homes.

No, I still believe in the possession of guns for defence within one's own home.

I think there are many people who feel happy with how things are at present who, if the worst happened to them, would soon change their minds.
I agree.

There is a future, not too far away, in which people without food will come to get yours.

People will stock supplies to survive and others will need to get at it to feed their children as they were not able to afford to stock it themselves.

Don't believe it will happen?

Try reading the book "Stalingrad".

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There is a future, not too far away, in which people without food will come to get yours.

People will stock supplies to survive and others will need to get at it to feed their children as they were not able to afford to stock it themselves.

Don't believe it will happen?

Try reading the book "Stalingrad".

True.

Sadly, it appears that we no longer have a police force on which we can depend to protect us.

Read this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-justice.html

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top