Join for free
Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 10:18 PM

Re: Low BPM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Glad it is not as bad as we originally thought Bob, I hope you can get sorted out soon ........... we miss those legs!
Thanks Mags, Legs will be back soon.....

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Isn’t it worth every penny to go private if you can afford it in a case such as this ?
Best wishes OGF .
Thanks Zuleika, I was surprised when they said the doctor would see me in just two days. The NHS used to be like that once upon a time...Where did it go so badly wrong....

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
hopefully they can reset it with cardioversion. Good that you had a fast tracked appointment.
Thanks Annie, I think the doctor mentioned that the electrical disturbance was probably due to wear and tear, but he will know more after the 24 hour monitoring and the ultrasound scan. The cost is making my eyes water though...

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Thanks for the update Bob.

Fingers crossed that the 24-hr recording & ultrasound lead to something that's not too serious and that lets you keep running.
Thanks Zaphod let's hope so. I had a bit of a shock this morning though.
I received a new heart rate monitor yesterday and gave it a run out this morning. I had only run a few hundred yards when I glanced at my heartrate and was shocked to see 163 bpm..
For my age the maximum rate should be 150. It stayed at 163 for about three quarters of a mile when I couldn't run any further and had to walk. I managed to get round the five mile route running and walking when my heartrate went too high. I've known there was something wrong for a while but didn't have a heart monitor I could take running with me until now, so let's hope I can find out what it is....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 10:32 PM

OGF are you going private?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I received a new heart rate monitor yesterday and gave it a run out this morning. I had only run a few hundred yards when I glanced at my heartrate and was shocked to see 163 bpm..
For my age the maximum rate should be 150. It stayed at 163 for about three quarters of a mile when I couldn't run any further and had to walk. I managed to get round the five mile route running and walking when my heartrate went too high. I've known there was something wrong for a while but didn't have a heart monitor I could take running with me until now, so let's hope I can find out what it is....
163?

Blimey, talk about extremes ............. good luck for Monday & let's hope you don't have to wait too long to find out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags, Legs will be back soon.....

Thanks Zuleika, I was surprised when they said the doctor would see me in just two days. The NHS used to be like that once upon a time...Where did it go so badly wrong....

Thanks Annie, I think the doctor mentioned that the electrical disturbance was probably due to wear and tear, but he will know more after the 24 hour monitoring and the ultrasound scan. The cost is making my eyes water though...

Foxy, are you talking about the systolic pressure or the pulse was 163?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
BPM = beats per minute = heart rate.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
OGF are you going private?
I felt such a fraud using the NHS when they are struggling to cope with the backlog Annie, so I decided to go private.....

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
163?

Blimey, talk about extremes ............. good luck for Monday & let's hope you don't have to wait too long to find out.
I thought I'd got the settings mixed up Zaphod, I thought it was the calorie or date readings, I had to stop running to check....

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yep, JB is correct Mups, it was my heart rate and not my blood pressure. My maximum heart rate for my age should be no more than 150 beats per minute.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks for explaining JB......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Ah, that's what I call 'pulse rate' JBR.
I understand now, thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-07-2021, 10:52 PM

Is this any use Foxy, or did you already know this?
Your max heart rate is worked out by using 220, then subtracting your age.

This is from the BHF.

Your heart rate is the number of times your heart beats per minute.
The heart, like any other muscle, needs physical activity to keep it in good condition.
In most cases regular exercise can help improve your overall heart health and help improve many of the ‘risk factors’ for heart and circulatory disease. It is important to know if you are exercising at the correct level for you, and measuring your heart rate can help you track your level of fitness.

What is your heart rate?

What is a normal heart rate?
A safe heart rate while exercising.
A normal heart rate is between 60 and 100 beats per minute (bpm), whilst resting. However, it will vary depending on when it is measured and what you were doing immediately before the reading.
For example, it will be higher when you walk compared to when you sit and rest. This is because your body needs more energy when you are active and so your heart has to work harder.Your heart rateTo make sure you increase your fitness and strength safely, it is important that you increase your heart rate to the right level while you are exercising. This means working out a safe range for your heart rate when you are taking exercise. To do this, you first need to work out your maximum heart rate (MHR). Maximum heart rateThe maximum heart rate depends on your age.
One way to work out your maximum heart rate is to take your age away from 220.
Example: The maximum heart rate for a 42 year old is: 220 – 42 = 178 bpm (beats per minute)

If you have a heart condition it is important that you check with your doctor before doing any new exercises, in case they are not suitable for you. You should always remember to warm up and cool down before and after exercising to avoid injury to your muscles".
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-07-2021, 09:46 AM

Thanks Mups, much appreciated....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:36 AM

Be careful Foxy, don't overdo it. I know you love running but it's not worth pushing your heart too hard. Glad it wasn't AF xxxx

Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top