Join for free
Page 666 of 1676 « First < 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 1166 1666 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 07:26 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

It's gained Unquietness Mags, one feels forced to think.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 08:16 PM

Oh God, not serious stuff again, one should only be serious when one has to be.
I can’t see any difference, barring the fact that we are all that bit older than we were at the beginning, one just flows along with the mood and the times that are in it, say what’s on your mind when you feel like it, take a holiday when you feel like it, paint a fence when you feel like it, take a drink when you feel like it, drop dead when you feel like it, there is no compulsion or pressure to do anything, the important words being “When you feel like it”
For example, I have lost two valuable back teeth since then, I really miss them badly for grinding up me apples and pears, I love plenty of fresh fruit, now you never heard me moaning about that did you? I’m a great believer of suffering in silence, after all nobody really want’s to hear or gives a shit about my pains and aches, they all have their own to worry about so why bother them.
What’s gone is gone and lost forever, and as me Granny used to say to old folks who yearned for their youth and bygone times “Spare a thought for all those who never reached your age”

All together now.

If I Had My Life to Live Over.
Lou Rawls

As I review my life with you
Since the days of old
I wouldn't think of changing things
For all the World and its gold
If I had my life to live over
I'd do the same things again
I'd still want to roam
Near the place we called home
Where my happiness never would end
I'd meet you when school days were over
And we'd walk through the lanes we once knew
I'd still fall in love with you
I'd do the same things again
I'd still want to roam
Near that place we called home
Where my…

In the words of Jackie Gleeson “How sweet it is"
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:34 PM

I have just looked out of a glazed hole in a wall to discover dusk has descended. From wenceslas it has descended I do not know.

Where is it before it descends? Is it up there all day until it is needed, or does it just form or materialise at the varying hour of day and then slowly drop upon the darkening landscape?

How does it know what time to begin its descent, since it will be a different time all over the world, every day? Is it the same dusk all over the world, or is it split up into different dusk particles, and apportioned and partitioned according to its required placement?

Morning. Well this arrives promptly every day at exactly nothing past midnight, and ends at exactly noon, just as nuncheon is being served. Even allowing for BST and all that mucking about with time, it still manages to arrive at exactly the precise moment it is supposed to.

But dusk operates to a variable horological schedule, dependant on location and time, and even weather. How does it know? How are all these variabubbles factored in?

Actually, the exact time that dusk arrives, from where, for how long, and when it ends is never announced by anyone. Neither news anchors (did I say that right) or knowledgeable weather seers. Is this a government conspiracy perchance, keeping us in the, er, half light and fading of the gloaming?

I think serious questions need to be asked about this. More importantly, will any of it be affected by breggsit?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:47 PM

Indeed Fruity, questions should be asked in the house, dusk seems to be making a habit of descending all over the place willy nilly, dilly dilly, why only last Friday evening as I was making my way to the local it descended on me and nearly sent me flying to the pavement, have you noticed it seems to be getting heavier?
Where does Bregg sit anyway? at the right hand of God?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 09:52 PM

I enjoyed the nostalgia, on here today, seems there is more perspiration than inspiration of late, I blame the AI.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 10:44 PM

Ah it's nose algia ya want is it warick man?? - bring him a pound and a half of nose algia - now you put a small amount on the back of ya hand - no not front back! - and thens ya sniff it in like the dusk that fruity was talkin about and there ya have it a big gulp of nose algia - it clears the head ; stops the flu and sometimes can bring tears to ya eyes.

one of me tiny pleasures these days is watching the sun go down at approximate 4.45 or 6 pm - I sit outside under the car porch with me glass of homemade beer and a bowl of bacci - sometimes music sometimes not and just watch the sun go down over the west coast of you know where!

the dogs wander around aimlessly waiting for their evening meal - we have four know - two of our own and two 'blow ins' - and then I often continue to sit and slowly slowly wait for the dusk and sniff it in - as fruity says - it just descends and we have no control over it - but we can watch its beauty - oh dear he's gettin all soppy again - and its droppin in me beer and dilutin it!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 10:55 PM

Hi again because it's 6am and dawn is just breaking - there's another funny pheno......fenim........ appenin - dawn breakin - without a sound too - and I have nought to do I started scribblin and discovered that at present on OFF we have approx 32 members onsite doin summat and 312 guests viewing because that's all they can do - how amazing - almost as amazing as dawn breakin!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Well now you’ve got me talkin again! – all this talk about dusk and sunsets etc got me musing. I once lived in a typical Kimberley house – raised on stilts [pugise will know the real name for them] in an attempt to prevent white ant invasion. I would frequently sit on the front verandah at 2am in the morn – with a cigar and glass of bourbon and just enjoy the total peace and quiet. We were quite close to a main road which during the day was always busy. I could look across and see the lights of the all night café and petrol station and a few night revelers going home from somewhere. But it was essentially peaceful. I had done this for some time but one morn noticed this gossamer like mist rising up through the floor boards all around me from the ground under the patio. For me it was magic – it just did what it had to do – probably ignoring me until the night air had warmed a little and the process ceased. It was an experience that I enjoyed immensely as I did my cigar and bourbon – NO music just mist [dew I believe] and cigar smoke! The entire house was surrounded by trees – I could see through at those walking by but in the shadows I was invisible.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:06 AM

Yep this dawn and dusk certainly triggers the old grey memory matter. That Prince Charming never found me even though I kept that matching crystal shoe safely stowed in the toilet cistern for many years. .

In search of Cinderella

From dusk to dawn,
From town to town,
Without a single clue,
I seek the tender, slender foot
To fit this crystal shoe.
From dusk to dawn,
I try it on
Each damsel that I meet.
And I still love her so, but oh,
I've started hating feet.

Shel Silversteins
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Yep this dawn and dusk certainly triggers the old grey memory matter. That Prince Charming never found me even though I kept that matching crystal shoe safely stowed in the toilet cistern for many years. .

In search of Cinderella

From dusk to dawn,
From town to town,
Without a single clue,
I seek the tender, slender foot
To fit this crystal shoe.
From dusk to dawn,
I try it on
Each damsel that I meet.
And I still love her so, but oh,
I've started hating feet.

Shel Silversteins
ah one of my favorite poets and song writers and of course we must mention Dr Hook too - musn't we??

Page 666 of 1676 « First < 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 1166 1666 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top