Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Re: Kind acts

Certainly does and as a bonus for them I worked extra hard too defrosted all the fridges, descaled the kettles and tidied up the book room all in my own time as a thank you. One good turn deserved another I thought.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 04:29 PM

As a different act of kindness ..............

Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Anything nice happen to you recently ?
I got a sample of shampoo and conditioner in the mail yesterday. That was nice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzie Jones ->
I got a sample of shampoo and conditioner in the mail yesterday. That was nice.
Oh I love freebies too haven't had any for a while.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh I love freebies too haven't had any for a while.
I forgot to mention the $1.00 off coupon for ice cream. I know what I'll be indulging in this long weekend.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That was really good of them Julie.

In answer to your question, yes, in a way, but in words, not gifts. It won't mean anything to anyone but me though.

I had written to my Indian Yoga teacher to tell her I would not be going anymore as I struggle with the Hindu language so much, although I am very fond of everyone in the group, which I am.
Her reply in short was that it was my choice, but she would never forgive herself if I left because of her, and she had spoken to someone who would come in and translate for me. I thought that was extremely kind that she was willing to do that for just one person.
She finished by saying simply "we all love you." And I know it was meant.
That really filled me up. I suppose it is because living alone, no one has said that to me for years.
Sad, emotional wreck aint I.
How lovely Mups, and how kind. I do hope you went back.
It certainly restores one's faith in human nature when one reads about the kind people out there such as those on this topic.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:43 PM

Yes Mary, I went back today and I'm very glad I did, because when I got there, this lovely teacher had cooked me some Indian food to take home for my dinner, wasn't that kind.
I had taken her some of my best perfumed roses from ym garden as a thankyou for all her kindness, too. So we had a hug and it all worked out lovely.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:00 PM

Once again, this is true, a couple of days ago, I was in a predominately Asian area of the city, and an Asian gentleman asked for my assistance, there was a bird savaged by something, presumably a cat, on his drive, it was upsetting his youngsters, and, for some reason, he could not bring himself to bin it, so I did the necessary, in some small way, we had a meeting of minds.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top