Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 10:47 PM

Re: I Have No Internet.... Boo Hoo! Please Send Food Parcels

Art, sometimes with new routers you need to enter a set of values in a pop up box?

They are

VCI 38
VPI 0

Have a look next time you try and set it up. This flummoxed me many years ago when setting up the Belkin, after using an Orange modem, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't connect. Then, as I was closing all the windows, suddenly found the boxes asking for these numbers!! I had to reconnect the old modem, and do a Google search. As soon as I entered them, connection went ahead.

And again, when I connected the new TP-Link not long ago, I had to cross my fingers that the original ISP sign in would work. (Never used anymore.) (I'd written the above numbers down.). Huge sign of relief when everything worked first time round. I'm now enjoying the benefits of a new fast router.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Art, sometimes with new routers you need to enter a set of values in a pop up box?

They are

VCI 38
VPI 0

Have a look next time you try and set it up. This flummoxed me many years ago when setting up the Belkin, after using an Orange modem, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't connect. Then, as I was closing all the windows, suddenly found the boxes asking for these numbers!! I had to reconnect the old modem, and do a Google search. As soon as I entered them, connection went ahead.

And again, when I connected the new TP-Link not long ago, I had to cross my fingers that the original ISP sign in would work. (Never used anymore.) (I'd written the above numbers down.). Huge sign of relief when everything worked first time round. I'm now enjoying the benefits of a new fast router.
Thanks for that Jazzi. I'm afraid l did get a bit mad with them and asked to speak to a manager. A manager rang me not long ago and is sending me....yet another router! This old one l've been using is working ok but it gets very hot!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:13 PM

There is no answer to that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Massive outage for BT internet today affecting thousands of people across the country. The previous such outage was back in Feb.

Believe what you will but imo this is all dry runs for major national disruption events.
Thanks Realist, I always think it's something I've done at this end.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 09:40 AM

News story here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36844712

Affected 10% of all BT customers which is pretty huge.

It's time BT's monopoly on telecoms was tackled imo
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This old one l've been using is working ok but it gets very hot!
I had my router sitting on the back of my sofa and didn't realise that it had slipped down behind the cushion. It got so hot that it burned a large hole in the top, right through the plastic.

Obviously this could have caused a fire so won't be putting it there again.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
News story here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36844712

Affected 10% of all BT customers which is pretty huge.

It's time BT's monopoly on telecoms was tackled imo

Couldn't agree more Realist
I'm sure I've read something somewhere that that is being looked into, or is that only in my dreams?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 09:16 PM

I reckon that this world is getting so complicated that we are headed for a major breakdown of services.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top