Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:15 AM

Re: Threats made about Charlie Gard

Perhaps we shouldn't take everything the journalists say as true. They have a vested interest in keeping these tragic stories going.
Unfortunately, the money raised was due to media so the public take an interest beyond the norm.
Such a shame it had a nasty side.
However, because of its high profile, lessons can be learned, new treatments have been highlighted and the money raised will help others going through this heartache.
The parents have been very dignified and Charlie's name and memory will live on.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps we shouldn't take everything the journalists say as true. They have a vested interest in keeping these tragic stories going.
Unfortunately, the money raised was due to media so the public take an interest beyond the norm.
Such a shame it had a nasty side.
However, because of its high profile, lessons can be learned, new treatments have been highlighted and the money raised will help others going through this heartache.
The parents have been very dignified and Charlie's name and memory will live on.
I agree with you completely tess a very sensible stance on it all.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 03:09 PM

Two things...

1. This from the hospital...One of the many sadnesses in this case is that greater transparency has not always led to greater understanding.

I should say!

The more that has been said to the media by the parents, the more total ignorance (mainly) of the real facts has prevailed, giving the media a free hand to whip up hysteria in the public domain, which we are now seeing.

2. In a tearful statement also read by his father Chris Gard outside court, she added: 'Charlie had a real chance of getting better.

No he didn't...this is what I mean by ignorance.

Massive irreversible brain damage is what it is... massive and irreversible. The clue is in the words.

Charlie never had any chance of getting better.
The father's words tell that even now he refuses to accept what the world's leading authorities have told him.

'It's now unfortunately too late for him. We are now going to spend our last precious moments with our son Charlie, who unfortunately won't make his first birthday'.

It was always too late for him...the child has a terminal condition. Nothing can alter that.

The couple said he had the chance to be a 'normal boy' but was 'left to just lie in hospital for months without any treatment whilst lengthy court battles have been fought' and 'left with his illness to deteriorate, sadly, to the point of no return'.

They really believed he had a chance to be a normal boy???
Where did they ever get this idea?

The whole sorry tale is a master class of ill informed hysteria versus inescapable fact.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 03:27 PM

I'd say that was a failure by the hospital to explain things, yes sitting here in comfort I understand what they said if I'd been by my child's bed destraught would I have ?

Also I believe the parents are repeating what they've been told by the USA doctors, if they told them that then it was either right and they've been let down massively or it's not true and they are exaggerating for some reason.

Which ever it is I do question when it was said originally, if it was in time to help ok but after the fact it seems rather evil yo say it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 05:13 PM

I feel for the nursing staff. It must take true devotion to go to work every day to care for terminally ill children. Over the past eleven months they must have become very involved, not only with Charlie but also the parents. It must take true dedication to endure emotional involvement week in week out, knowing the final inevitable outcome. After Charlie, there will be other babies requiring as much care and dedication.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:00 PM

HI

Excellent post Ruthio.

His parents have now gone back to Court, a row about whether or not the ventilator he is on can fit inside the house they want to take him to.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
HI

Excellent post Ruthio.

His parents have now gone back to Court, a row about whether or not the ventilator he is on can fit inside the house they want to take him to.

I do agree Swims.
Isn't it the parents solicitor behind a lot of this? I thought it was him that was trying to sue the hospital and telling the parents what to do.
He will be making plenty of money of course.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
HI

Excellent post Ruthio.

I agree, Ruthio said what many people have been thinking....but were too afraid to say, owing to the strong emotional feelings.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top