Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 06:55 AM

Re: Do you collect anything?

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Thanks Sue ,I must have over 70 pieces all kept in jewellery wraps to protect them..you like Fairies too ,I think they are just lovely and dragons are very nice too..are the myth and magic ones the ones with the crystals on them too ?
Yes they are the ones with crystals on. I have too many collections i could say i have the pottery greek urns with perfume in about 35 and 350 thimbles i started collecting years ago.... oh dear
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 07:12 AM

I collect Burleigh Calico pottery such as this
They are all over the house !

Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 07:53 AM

I collected bells, china, glass, porcelain, silver Brass, you name it but they were such dust collectors I have parcelled them away. I also have a collection of Labrador figurines in different poses which I love obviously. My son clutters my unit with his darts trophies and fishing memorabilia. I have my teddies and also my meerkats and PG tips chimps etc to boot.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 08:57 AM

I can't stand clutter and 'tat' I have just three ornaments in the whole house all of them dogs two custom made so 'one offs' .

I used to put out ornaments received as gifts when people came then put them away when they were gone, now I don't bother.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't stand clutter and 'tat' I have just three ornaments in the whole house all of them dogs two custom made so 'one offs' .

I used to put out ornaments received as gifts when people came then put them away when they were gone, now I don't bother.
Our house is full of ornaments and photos and art-work on the walls, takes some cleaning but it's what we like....no dogs, ornamental or otherwise !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Our house is full of ornaments and photos and art-work on the walls, takes some cleaning but it's what we like....no dogs, ornamental or otherwise !
I prefer the minimalist look Malcolm , pattern and ornamentation are provided by William Morris prints on soft furnishing, a few good pictures and house plants.
I don't want to spend my life dusting ornaments
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

01-10-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I prefer the minimalist look Malcolm , pattern and ornamentation are provided by William Morris prints on soft furnishing, a few good pictures and house plants.
I don't want to spend my life dusting ornaments
Horses for courses Meg
No photos of the grand-kids then ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Horses for courses Meg
No photos of the grand-kids then ?
Yes but on the walls Malcolm

I have a collage of photographs on one wall on the landing.
uncle salty
eastern united states
uncle salty is male  uncle salty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 10:00 PM

Mostly, I sit and collect dust.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top