Join for free
Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:21 PM

Re: Enid Blyton For the Chop.

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Tabs
- he'll need a pill in his tea this afternoon.
I'll fetch the bromide!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Soon it will though racist to ask for black mascara ,blackboard paint ,black trousers, black anything …already to ask for black or white coffee is taboo

And one day maybe even black funeral cars will not exist.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:22 PM

Blackboard, and black sheep were not allowed as far as I know. Its chalkboard and fluffy sheep (in the rhyme). Maybe its changed back again - I'm sure it was brought up on another thread some time ago now. Yet you still get art materials called N***** black, so....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I'll fetch the bromide!
I've reached the age at which nature removes the need for it.

Although I would like to think that, if the circumstances arise, I could still occasionally give nature the slip.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Blackboard, and black sheep were not allowed as far as I know. Its chalkboard and fluffy sheep (in the rhyme). Maybe its changed back again - I'm sure it was brought up on another thread some time ago now. Yet you still get art materials called N***** black, so....
It does seem a curious disparity that the black community are allowed to (and indeed do) use certain taboo words with impunity, whereas a white person would have to issue an apology and face being ostracized and possible dismissal if they deviate from the ever changing, ever designed to catch people out, pc list.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It does seem a curious disparity that the black community are allowed to (and indeed do) use certain taboo words with impunity, whereas a white person would have to issue an apology and face being ostracized and possible dismissal if they deviate from the ever changing, ever designed to catch people out, pc list.
I know, and hear of that happening among celebrities and suchlike. It can only create more division really, if its one rule for them and one for us.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:50 PM

I really can't understand why Enid has been "cancelled" by English Heritage. Her books, on the whole, hold no literary merit whatsoever but were useful reading and teaching aids as well as being entertaining bedtime stories for the littlies.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before the Woke lot find more problems with Agatha Christie and her ouvre.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:51 PM

All this silliness is just making white people more and more resentful, instead of bringing harmony.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:53 PM

All this silliness is just making white people more and more resentful, instead of bringing harmony.
Precisely!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:54 PM

Yep, I'm resentful and mad as hell. Bloody Woman. It's not often I get this wound up, but this has done it..

Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top