Join for free
Page 5 of 21 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 12:18 PM

Re: Is Boris the One Blinking First?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good morning all. Just been reading the following about the brave don't take us for fools - little country - Norway. I hope Boris and Frosty read it too, because this is the way to treat bullies and con merchants....

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...Michel-Barnier

Go Norway!
Yes, norway knows how to treat bullies. That's why they didn't want the UK to join their EEA.

Take it from a Norwegian MP: we don’t want Britain in the EEA

Heidi Nordby Lunde

Norway’s arrangement with the EU works for us because we respect its laws and freedoms – not like Brexiters
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y-eu-brexiters

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...us-brexit-plan
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 06:28 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...hnson-deadline

Clear that UK is flogging a dead horse, enough time and effort has been wasted.

A UK Government source said: “The EU have been using the old playbook in which they thought running down the clock would work against the UK.

Boris Johnson has been adamant he would walk away from the talks. Imo that is what he should do, end this now.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...hnson-deadline

Clear that UK is flogging a dead horse, enough time and effort has been wasted.
Michel Barnier has mocked Boris Johnson for issuing a “third unilateral deadline” during a meeting with EU ministers, warning that the*Brexit*talks remain difficult with little prospect yet of the two sides entering a decisive “tunnel” negotiation.

With 48 hours remaining before an EU leaders’ summit in Brussels, by which time the British prime minister has demanded a breakthrough moment, the bloc’s chief negotiator suggested a deal was “very difficult but still possible”, according to diplomatic sources.

He noted that Johnson had twice previously suggested that the UK needed the certainty of a deal by a specific date, only to later backtrack. “It is the third unilateral deadline that Johnson has imposed without agreement,” Barnier was said to have remarked. “We still have time.” https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dline-on-talks
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 07:20 PM

Chronic procrastination the preferred way of working for EU.

Now, right now is the perfect moment for PM to pull the plug.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Chronic procrastination the preferred way of working for EU.

Now, right now is the perfect moment for PM to pull the plug.
My feelings too Cinderella !!
Then all this remainer crap in the media might finally shut up ??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
My feelings too Cinderella !!
Then all this remainer crap in the media might finally shut up ??
I'm sure most of us agree with Cinders too.

However, I'm not so confident that the remoaners will ever shut up.
I believe that many of them, like Treason May, have some financial gain to make by our remaining in the EU and, having lost that, will continue to whinge until they realise that there is no chance of us returning to the corrupt EU.
I think that they believe that there is always a possibility of our being pulled back in to the pit, perhaps by another political party like the Loonies or the Limp Dems, if only they can garner enough votes.

That is why I hope sincerely that before too much longer, our having set the ball rolling, other countries will follow our lead and leave the EU. Italy is favourite at the moment, I believe. Once that begins, there is a dwindling possibility of the EU continuing to exist for too many more years and after that it would be impossible for us to return to subjugation, however much the remoaners would like it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

13-10-2020, 08:22 PM

Boris would go the same way as Mrs T, that is a fact. But just imagine the sheer panic of EU if he did.

No point making empty threats, stick to his guns and go for it!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure most of us agree with Cinders too.

However, I'm not so confident that the remoaners will ever shut up.
I believe that many of them, like Treason May, have some financial gain to make by our remaining in the EU and, having lost that, will continue to whinge until they realise that there is no chance of us returning to the corrupt EU.
I think that they believe that there is always a possibility of our being pulled back in to the pit, perhaps by another political party like the Loonies or the Limp Dems, if only they can garner enough votes.

That is why I hope sincerely that before too much longer, our having set the ball rolling, other countries will follow our lead and leave the EU. Italy is favourite at the moment, I believe. Once that begins, there is a dwindling possibility of the EU continuing to exist for too many more years and after that it would be impossible for us to return to subjugation, however much the remoaners would like it.
I believe it is only two days to goJBR??
And still the EU leaders and commissioners are lining up to tell us
time is short if we want a "deal" !
Cant they take a hint?
A "deal" is the last thing we want now?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I believe it is only two days to goJBR??
And still the EU leaders and commissioners are lining up to tell us
time is short if we want a "deal" !
Cant they take a hint?
A "deal" is the last thing we want now?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
It's boris who is saying he wants a deal by thursday. Are you telling me boris is a liar and in reality doesn't want a deal. How can he do that to his friends on the other side of the channel!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

13-10-2020, 09:17 PM

Politics by social media has worked for POTUS. By-passing the politicians and directly communicating with the electorate.

Cut through the crap.

In my dreams.

Page 5 of 21 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top