Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:05 AM

Re: Ever felt a fool...

Originally Posted by Barry ->
No-one's fault but mine Art, as I said in post #7, I should have done it differently but to them I was obviously refusing the prize, so I can't blame them for moving on to the next person out of the hat. C'est last vie....
Barry, You must be fed up about me going on about it but l'm one to fight to the end!
Anyway, I'll shut up about it now!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:17 AM

No-one's fault but mine Art, as I said in post #7, I should have done it differently but to them I was obviously refusing the prize, so I can't blame them for moving on to the next person out of the hat. C'est last vie....
Today is full of flashbacks.....this time to my misspent youth...we had a local wine bar called "Cellar V"
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:27 AM

Sometimes you have to draw a line under it Art and put it down to experience. You can't go through life getting angry about everything you disagree with.

A 'Wine Bar' Tpin, blimey that's posh!
I never knew you could buy wine in a pub until last year......Not round here anyway.....And that's if you can shuffle through the tattoo and earring wearing locals in the vests blocking your access to the bar.....Best if you don't order a glass of wine....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:34 AM

C'est la vie bloody predictive text.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:36 AM

At least you would have brightened someone's day Barry. The person with the mundane job of ringing people up would have had a good laugh.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 12:00 PM

I felt one once. It was the 70s so she didn't complain.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I felt one once. It was the 70s so she didn't complain.
Ha Ha Ha.....
I was going to use that one one Gravitas, but declined...It somewhat lowers the tone of the forum....
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 02:18 PM

On a sort of similar theme I was saying to Alistair,my gardener, this morning about how `scammers` and `pikeys` give genuine people a bad name.

A couple of days ago this chap came round asking if I wanted to put anything in his skip,he was not local and dare I say had a very thick Irish accent-I`m immediately on the defensive. Turned out there really is a skip-they are building very close nearby. Well that was two wooden pallets dealt with and if somebody makes a shilling from them so be it.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ha Ha Ha.....
I was going to use that one one Gravitas, but declined...It somewhat lowers the tone of the forum....
I did it, so others didn't have to.

I'm selfless like that.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:27 PM

What a shame. I also did a silly thing today, the caller display on my phone wasnt working so I rang BT, not a problem with the Line I was told, so I rang the phone manufacturors & avery nice man told mr the barreries would probably need renewing.Of course why didnt I remember thet batteries do need changing!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top