Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 12:34 PM

Re: Do you beliebve in alternative medicine?

I had psoriasis for about 35 years-then I took up yoga. It cleared within 3 months. A bit later I was referred to a dermatologist for another minor reason and mentioned yoga.

His view was probably coincedence as psoriasis can suddenly clear-and added `but we can never be sure`
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 01:30 PM

Without having read previous comments on the subject here. I will admit to a firm belief in the placebo effect?
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 08:34 PM

"I also believe that some people expect miracles, and because a certain treatment doesn't work first time, they say it was rubbish because they don't feel any different.
Some conditions can take months or even years to manifest, so often cannot be 'removed' instantly." QUOTE=Mups;643171

This is definitely true. One cannot expect a long term chronic complaint to disappear overnight.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top