Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Re: Why the Mystery ?

Originally Posted by spinner ->
Is 'keeping your inside leg measurement under wraps' jargon for wearing trousers?
Subtle but very clever Spinner.

A delicate subject & the cause of a certain amount of fumbling in the old BURTON's Emporiums.
I must resist the urge to digress, this has all the maKings of a new & interesting thread. In due course, of course.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 11:20 PM

I don't think there is much in my profile but it isn't because I'm neurotic (well I guess I might be now and then) but I'm sure my location is there and most peoples location seems to appear on their posts anyway. I don't list my interests and hobbies because they seem to change on a weekly, or even daily, basis, I'm not the most consistent of people. My user name of clumsy was chosen because when I joined I had just managed to smash up my shoulder and arm due to a little trip. I also think you develop a better insight into people by their postings, but I have nothing to hide, well apart from the skeletons in my cupboard and they are staying well hidden
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 01:08 AM

Phew!! at least some people got what I meant, I like this forum a lot, the games are a fave of mine particularly when you're all asleep and I can take my time to reply
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 01:19 AM

does not matter to me i never look any ways
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 08:36 AM

I don't feel threatened by putting up information about me as a person or where I'm from but, obviously, I wouldn't put up personal information like pin numbers NI No, passport details etc - other than that, I don't see what the worry is.

Especially since I managed to get said son to show my how to upload photos into an album last night. Even pictures of my babies (I know that will irritate some on here - and you know who you are )

I think most people using forums are genuine people; I don't see other people as potential attackers!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 09:46 AM

I think we can learn alot by reading the posts people put on here. I personally dont really look at the profile. I will and have done since I joined in August keep telling people I was born in Yorkshire as I am a
a proud Tyke. I found this site really good as you dont seem to get many Trolls on here which is good. Been to a few which are rife. Hope you
continue to join in Maggis and you can look at my profile if you want.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 08:08 PM

No side to me Maggie darlin' - have no qualms about telling people where I live and have even posted photographs of me at home in my super riser/recliner armchair.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 08:18 PM

I removed my information for very good reason and I don't yet have a reason to put it back.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-03-2013, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I don't feel threatened by putting up information about me as a person or where I'm from but, obviously, I wouldn't put up personal information like pin numbers NI No, passport details etc - other than that, I don't see what the worry is.

Especially since I managed to get said son to show my how to upload photos into an album last night. Even pictures of my babies (I know that will irritate some on here - and you know who you are )

I think most people using forums are genuine people; I don't see other people as potential attackers!
Some forums will not permit you to put photos of under 18s on them, and I think that is wise, there are too many perverts out there.

As for people using forums being genuine people, well some maybe, but others definitely aren't, and no one knows for sure who they are. I think it easier to trust no one on a forum unless you have actually met them in person; I have met one or two people. When I first started posting on forums in the late 90s I was far too trusting, and lost about £1000 trying to help someone I genuinely thought was in need. As you can imagine my husband went ever so slightly ballistic at my complete stupidity, and he certainly doesn't approve of me posting on any forums these days. I have promised not to be so stupid again. I reckon my computers would be removed by the family if I screwed up big time in future!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Some forums will not permit you to put photos of under 18s on them, and I think that is wise, there are too many perverts out there.

As for people using forums being genuine people, well some maybe, but others definitely aren't, and no one knows for sure who they are. I think it easier to trust no one on a forum unless you have actually met them in person; I have met one or two people. When I first started posting on forums in the late 90s I was far too trusting, and lost about £1000 trying to help someone I genuinely thought was in need. As you can imagine my husband went ever so slightly ballistic at my complete stupidity, and he certainly doesn't approve of me posting on any forums these days. I have promised not to be so stupid again. I reckon my computers would be removed by the family if I screwed up big time in future!
I have no doubt there are some wrong 'uns out there, I'm sure the majority of people are just normal, everyday people. I have photos of my granddaughters but they're the same photos that the girls have put on websites they go to - pervs probably wouldn't bother with that type of photo! I do understand what you're saying though Willow - sorry to hear that someone took advantage of your kindness - they should hang their heads in shame.

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top