Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Re: Yet another royal brat!!!

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
OK, so you'd rather have American style presidents that cost the country Billions of dollars and a circus of back stabbing and mud slinging every few years. Or a dictatorship that opresses the citizens while creaming off money for the boss. Do you think that they all come for free??
Do you have the same dislike for everyone who has a bit of money - like the Beckhams, Bill Gates etc?

I wish I had a lot more money and I'd spend it however I liked!

You should thank your lucky stars that you live in a country which, while not perfect, is a hell of a lot better than many you could live in. If you don't like it here, you can always go somewhere and live in fear of what might happen if you critizise the regime!

Mind you, I'm sick of the media circus surrounding this latest pregnancy.
Leave them alone - and good luck to them..
I'm with you on this George, it's just spite and envy as per usual from some, without any grasp of the huge economic benefit to the country the Royals bring. People seem to ignore the fact that the Monarchy doesn't actually own most of what they have, but are merely custodians for future generations.

Whilst no system is perfect, give me the monarchy anytime in preference to any more grasping politicians that produce absolutely nothing, and think nothing for the country other than for what they can pocket, which is usually as much as they possibly can in the shortest possible time...

Yes the media hysteria is tedious, but a small price to pay in the greater scheme of things methinks...
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2012, 10:48 AM

just read a report about uk richest women,,,queens down the list,,,rowlands as in harry potter is way richer,,
as some have said,the queen dont qwn all she has,most belongs to the people.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
just read a report about uk richest women,,,queens down the list,,,rowlands as in harry potter is way richer,,
as some have said,the queen dont qwn all she has,most belongs to the people.
Just try expropriating some of it matey and see how far you get.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2012, 11:20 AM

why would i want anything,,its invested and earning money for the uk.
there again the monachy cant touch it either.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
News has broken that Kate is pregnant - this means that we'll have yet another royal brat to financially support from next year onwards :twis ted:
Flip me, here we go
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
OK, so you'd rather have American style presidents that cost the country Billions of dollars and a circus of back stabbing and mud slinging every few years. Or a dictatorship that opresses the citizens while creaming off money for the boss. Do you think that they all come for free??
Do you have the same dislike for everyone who has a bit of money - like the Beckhams, Bill Gates etc?

I wish I had a lot more money and I'd spend it however I liked!

You should thank your lucky stars that you live in a country which, while not perfect, is a hell of a lot better than many you could live in. If you don't like it here, you can always go somewhere and live in fear of what might happen if you critizise the regime!

Mind you, I'm sick of the media circus surrounding this latest pregnancy.
Leave them alone - and good luck to them..
I don't have a dislike for anybody with a bit of money, that would be hypocritical of me, however I do dislike all the media attention they get and how everybody coos over the latest "hot topic".

I would absolutely hate to be a Royal, you couldn't even fart without it being first page news.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top