Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 10:31 AM

Re: For goodness sake !

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I love the Christmas songs and perfect to hear once a year .........
That I agree with, especially the rockier ones.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:52 PM

But the same songs are played every Christmas! Haven't any new, original ones been written and recorded? How many more times can I be subjected to the repeats, that I probably didn't like in the first place?

Supermarket visits can be an ordeal during the run up to Christmas, without having to suffer the music too. And outside is a team in a home made sledge collecting for charity, playing their own, so there's no escape. Stoppit, I say...stoppit!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
But the same songs are played every Christmas! Haven't any new, original ones been written and recorded? How many more times can I be subjected to the repeats, that I probably didn't like in the first place?

Supermarket visits can be an ordeal during the run up to Christmas, without having to suffer the music too. And outside is a team in a home made sledge collecting for charity, playing their own, so there's no escape. Stoppit, I say...stoppit!
You must be listening to the wrong radio station Jazzi
I don't understand anyone complaining when there are 'so' many Christmas songs - its only once a year and I look forward to hearing them
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 04:20 PM

Re the title, "For goodness sake" my answer.
I
v
e

g
o
t

t
h
e

h
i
p
p
y

h
i
p
p
y

s
h
a
k
e
s

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 04:22 PM

Nom
Everytime I see that title I'm singing that song !
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You must be listening to the wrong radio station Jazzi
I don't understand anyone complaining when there are 'so' many Christmas songs - its only once a year and I look forward to hearing them
I think what makes it so repetitive is that the same 4 or 5 songs are played ad infinitum in the shops and supermarkets or any Christmas event.

These are......

Last Christmas - Wham!
Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
White Christmas.......Bing Crosby
Fairytale Of New York.......Pogues

The ones that I find hardest to bear are Last Christmas and Merry Xmas Everybody. They are quite good as pop songs go but not every Christmas for 30 - 40 + years.

There are some fantastic Christmas songs if you go looking but they don't get played nearly so much.
It's a bit like menus that serve the same 4 or 5 things on the menu all the time despite the fact there is so much good food available.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-12-2014, 04:56 PM

I get your point Anita - just doesn't bother me at all
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
These are......

Last Christmas - Wham!
Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
White Christmas.......Bing Crosby
Fairytale Of New York.......Pogues
I can quite happily say that when we did the Christmas gig a couple of weeks ago, not one of those songs were included. I hope that a radio programme planner reads this post, they might realise there are many, many more ...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 05:50 PM

I was trying to please everyone at work with Christmas music. Pop ones, Rod Stewart Christmas songs, Cliff Richard Christmas songs, Frank Sinatra Christmas songs. There are still those who mump and moan about it. One of the pharmacists said "for god sake put that crap off or else I'll jump off the Erskine Bridge", then he wasn't seen since. Back problems he's now off with apparently. Phew. I'd hate to think I'd Christmas music'd someone to death
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
I can quite happily say that when we did the Christmas gig a couple of weeks ago, not one of those songs were included. I hope that a radio programme planner reads this post, they might realise there are many, many more ...
Good to hear, I'm also with that pharmacist on the Rod and Cliff Xmas songs.
Another cringe is Mary's Boy Child.

Going to a concert tonight and not a cheesy toon will be heard.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top