Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
.... it will be easier than the constant whining from our resident remoaner .... even a jumbo jet only whines for 8 hours max
It's amazing what we can get used to.
Aus has been listening to 'Whinging Poms' for decades .....

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
.... Saying the EU will collapse is like saying the US will collapse......
Well I certainly wouldn't discount that possibility.
Historical fact - ALL 'great' nations wax and wane
and I reckon the Grand Ole USA is most definitely on the 'wane' curve.
Would not be the least surprised to see it fragment over the next few decades.
Probably not in my lifetime, but ......
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can believe whatever I choose to believe based on my experience and what I can see with my own eyes and I certainly don't need anyone to tell me what I should or shouldn't believe.
The last person I would listen to would be someone who comes on here and posts numerous condescending and sarcastic post so you can save your breath on me Flicker and reserve it for you fellow countrymen who if they are anything like yourself clearly need someone to reinforce their misconceptions about the EU 'coming closer' as it flounders on the rocks of its own stupidity and corruption.
Well for someone who has no connection with what she is talking about, forgive me for thinking your seeing with your own eyes" is synonymous with blindness.

You don't live here. How can you possibly know?

(a near quite from some in here earlier).

Still no comment on the facts as posted earlier?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm sure we appreciate you trying to save us but one thing you ignore, we are an old country managed fine for many many years before eu. We are going to be fine if may be a bumpy ride for a while but we are ready for that.
We fought for our independence before we can do it again.
I have refrained from using the words "naïve" and "reactionary".

A reactionary is a person who holds political views that favor a return to the status quo ante, the previous political state of society, which they believe possessed characteristics (discipline, respect for authority, etc.) that are negatively absent from the contemporary status quo of a society.
WIKI

The UK won't disappear...it will leave a much reduced and debt ridden society to its young people.
I am surprised that British older people don't care.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:45 PM

You don't live here.
No thank goodness I don't , you could say I am one of the lucky rats deserting the sinking ship
Flicker
France

24-12-2016, 12:49 PM

No thank goodness I don't , you could say I am one of the lucky rats deserting the sinking ship
Remember what you said about my sarcasm and insults??

Riggghhhht.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 01:05 PM

Riggghhhht.
No sarcasm in my post just a bit of humour
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 01:10 PM

Often in the eye of the beholder - unfortunately.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 01:15 PM

I can believe whatever I choose to believe based on my experience and what I can see with my own eyes and I certainly don't need anyone to tell me what I should or shouldn't believe.
The last person I would listen to would be someone who comes on here and posts numerous condescending and sarcastic post so you can save your breath on me Flicker and reserve it for you fellow countrymen who if they are anything like yourself clearly need someone to reinforce their misconceptions about the EU 'coming closer' as it flounders on the rocks of its own stupidity and corruption.
Plenty of corruption and stupidity can be found in this Country.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 01:48 PM

Riggghhhht.
Flicker, you may have noticed that that nobody agrees with your posts on here, apart from a couple of WUMs. That isn't because we don't want to read your posts ( although they are often a bit too long) it is because of the arrogant way you deliver them.
Nobody wants to discuss important topics with somebody, who is so arrogant that they cannot believe they are wrong, so the threads turn into unpleasant arguments. This is a very friendly site but we don't always agree, yet you are the first person I have ever know on this forum, who turns heated discussion into personal dislike.
If you want to understand how we think, as you have said you do, try listening to us instead of being determined to prove us wrong. You are entitled to have an opposing view , but for somebody who wants to display their intelligence, I would say you have chosen the wrong topic. The vote to leave will still stand so, as Theresa May has said " we should all stand together and move forward" ....... don't you think that is better than turning it into a playground argument where you try to tell us what will go wrong, especially when what you say is based on what other so called "Experts" think. There is no such thing as an expert when nobody has experience this before!
I would suggest that, if you want good discussion, you change the way you deliver your posts or find somewhere that accepts that kind of delivery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 01:54 PM

I agree with you Twink. On the other hand, surely everyone knows where this thread is going from the very first post, so why do people bother to respond?

Nom's response in post 3 was all that is necessary IMO.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top