Join for free
Page 42 of 46 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »
capitalgirl
Edinburgh Scotland
capitalgirl is female  capitalgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 01:48 PM

Re: Over 50's Scotland club (Part 1 )

good afternoon everybody, yes I am here and fine. I did have a wee look in and nobody was around so popped oot again! Just had a couple of days with minor irritations to deal with so not been online as much as I might have been, but I'm ok thanks. it looks nice and sunny outside but the wind is blawing. Not doing much today except a wee visit to Tesco. I was out with my dad last night and we had a couple of wines and a good blether.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 05:01 PM

Hi Dorothy, hope all the irritations are gone and you enjoyed your lie in today. We had a nice lie in too. Och I always think it sounds lovely to hear you and your dad going for a drink and a blether. You are such good pals. We've not been up to much today. Martin's still on the Lemsips. Have a nice relaxing day Dorothy x
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 09:19 PM

Hi Dorothy good to see you posting again hen, glad you enjoyed your wee drink and chat with your dad, and all the irritations are gone. Myra glad to hear Martin got out for a wee walk today I think it does you god to get out in the fresh air.I met Elizabeth, and Jennifer and Libby and the boys for lunch today.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Morning all. Raining here, after the lovely day yesterday.

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday Jess. Aww, I saw on FB that Rona's wee family were off back home this morning. She'll miss them. The house will seem so quiet.

Craig went through to his girlfriend's last night, so it's all quiet here. Think I'll change the beds today.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 01:21 PM

Hi Myra its poring rain here so I'm staying indoors..I hope Martin is feeling a lot better today. I saw on FB as well that Rona's family has gone home she'll certainly miss them around the house. I'm tidying up my bedroom and putting things away, next week I'm getting my bathrooms done and I'll go stay with Elizabeth for a few days.
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Hi folks, as you know me visitors are all away, and we have been cleaning and changing beds, and hoovering, as didn't do a thing whilst the family were here, the place was like a bombsite. But I found a wee tottie sock....aww!!!!

Next big thing for me is going down to Essex on Thursday to see my brother, he is in a lot of pain, and he is very depressed , so guess that's understandable, he phoned me this morning and said he wants to go to Chapel so his wife is going to walk him round to the hospice one later on, such a shame.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

22-02-2015, 05:32 PM

Aww Rona, you'll be missing that wee bundle of joy already. Chloe looks a nice wee handful now. She's adorable. She's come on so well, after all the worry. I'm so sorry to hear your brother has gone downhill. It's so sad. You will be wanting to see him for yourself. That's nice you are going down there. Difficult time though.

Martin's off home now and I've changed beds and tidied up and am now just having a sit down. Martin's like a dishwasher when he's here! i cook and he washes up. We're a great team

Dorothy will be having tea at her dad's I bet. They're great pals.

My mum phoned earlier, and her and my dad are fine. My dad's still munching his way through the box of Cadbury Fudge that Martin bought him. 60 bars! My dad loves his sweeties, although his appetite has dwindled for all the foods he used to love. He doesn't even eat potatoes now. That is unbelievable as he used to love his spuds.

Can't believe the weekend is almost over
valentinojess
largs, scotland

22-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Rona it wont be long till you see Chloe again the time will fly in. Will be thinking of you when your down seeing your brother later in the week. Myra that's good that Martin helps to wash up for you, a lot of men don't like washing dishes. Managed to get out to the shops after it dried up the sun is now making an appearance.
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2015, 08:30 PM

Myra, my dad loved his spuds as well, he used to come and visit us for his dinner of a Sunday, and I used to give him a big doggy bag full of cold roast potatoes to take home. He confessed to me once that he only drove round the corner and sat and ate the lot lol!!! some fathers hehehe!!!

You sound like me, I do all the cooking, then Roger takes over the kitchen and makes everything spic and span again.

Jess it was good seeing you at J/L again on Friday, but poor Shona got rushed to hospital in Edinburgh then transferred to Livingston for an emergency operation, she had her tonsils out last Monday, and she was haemorraging, they have kept her in a few days. If it is not one thing its another. But glad you managed out today.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

22-02-2015, 09:58 PM

Myra I think our tastes change as we get older and food doesn't taste the same. Rona you must have made good roast potatoes if your dad ate hem cold. It must good seeing you and Maggie again on Friday, poor Shona I hope she is ok.

Page 42 of 46 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top