Join for free
Page 41 of 46 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 05:30 PM

Re: Over 50's Scotland club (Part 1 )

Myra with some of us it would be something stronger.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 05:38 PM

You can say that again Jess

I'm just about to head to my mum and dad's for a wee while. Then I'm meeting a friend who used to work in the hospital, but now works in the Jubilee. It'll be good to have a catch up. We'll have a meal and a drink or two

We're all worried sick about big Andy. He's been off for a long time and yesterday his family were told to expect the worse in 24 hours. My heart goes out to them. He's only 53. We all miss him about the ward and I don't know what Id have done without him when I went through a hard time. He used to fair cheer me up when I was at my lowest. I just hope he manages to pull through, but has main organ failure. So sad.

It's a bit chillier out there now.

I'll catch up later and hope everyone has had a nice day x
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 09:36 PM

Myra hope your mum and dad are ok, enjoy your meal tonight with your friend..It always seems to be the good ones who are thrown the rotten eggs in life.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 12:22 AM

Hi again Jess and anyone else looking in. Yes, Jess, it does always seem the good ones getting the rotten eggs. Haven't heard any more about Andy and hope it's a good thing. My Scott comes up to the hospital when he's on duty and he also loves Andy. The first time he came up he asked if Myra works here. That Andy said she's here, but you cannae say she works. Cheeky buggar!

Had a nice night with my pal. She really enjoys working in the Jubilee. Very posh compared to our hospital, but it was originally for Sheikhs. Even I remember that. The pub was busy with the footie. Lovely meal and couple of drinks.

Will be up early for my doc's appointment. Then Martin is coming through and we're going to Costco. He's loaded with the cold and sounded like Barry White on the phone
valentinojess
largs, scotland

20-02-2015, 12:55 AM

Hi Myra I hope your friend Andy is ok he just seems so young for that to be happening to him. People who work in hospitals need a sense of humour to cope with all that happens there. Elizabeth's ex was there a few years ago for a triple bypass. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow at the doctors, poor Martin I hope his cold doesn't last to long.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-02-2015, 10:51 AM

Morning all. Not very nice out there. Rain quite heavy at times. Just back from the doctor's and he's referring me to the hospital about my nose. I might look like Witchypoo at Rothesay

Martin is in bed loaded with the cold. He sound worse this morning so i've told him to stay in bed and take it easy.

No word about Andy and no news is good news. Hope his strong heart keeps him going.

I'll be doing housework shortly and just having a quiet day. We'll go to Costco another time. Have a nice time Jess is you're meeting Rona and family today again x
valentinojess
largs, scotland

20-02-2015, 08:05 PM

Hi Myra are they going to treat you before we go to Rothsey, my dad used to get them and had to get them cut out. I met Rona and Roger and the gang, Maggie was there with her daughter and grand daughter who cats all the time and never stops smiling.Hope Martin is feeling a bit better tonight.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-02-2015, 10:44 PM

Hi Jess, very quiet on here. Glad you had a nice time today. That was nice Maggie was there. Was really nice to meet her in Edinburgh.

Martin is feeling better. The Lemsips have definitely helped. He phoned and said he still wanted to go to Costco. So we went and bought things we needed, then of course finished it off with a Costco giant hotdog with juice £1.50. How the hell can Cinemas cost so much more? Anyway, we came back with a cooked chicken for dinner. Scott popped in for a cuppa, now Craig is home. Ross is working in Bath Street tonight and his wee girlfriend Charlotte is working in Slouch on her first shift. Remember Slouch? Sheena and pals? I've got my boots cleaned for tomorrow. Get the pieces made in the morning.

Wonder if Dorothy is doing any exciting tonight?
valentinojess
largs, scotland

20-02-2015, 11:56 PM

Myra it was nice to or ages.meet up with Maggie again, I think that's the first time for ages. Glad to hear that Martin is feeling better, tell him Hi from me. It looks like mum's hotel is open again tonight. I remember Slouch from last year. When I used to go to Costco with my brother I loved their pizza. Where are you going for your walk tomorrow? I think I'll phone Dorothy tomorrow as she hasn't been on for, I hope she is ok. a few nights
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

21-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Good morning

Jess, I did see Dorothy on Facebook, so looks like she's ok. There's not that many of us on this thread, so maybe she's come on and naebodies here! Yes, we're going out walking. Martin is better, but not up to the planned walk, so we'll do a shorter one. The planned walk will come up again. You'll be out and about as usual today Jess?

Page 41 of 46 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top