Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:04 PM

Re: Do you like listening to

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I’m interested in history and genealogy so I love listening to people’s stories about their family history especially if I can use anything they tell in my writing about the area welive in.
Two of my favourite subjects!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:25 PM

I appreciate that not everybody is interesting, but I like to listen to their stories of life because you learn so much about that person.
I always think that if we listened more to people who have had hard times, maybe we would understand more and criticize less!

I am currently chatting to a man in Australia who fell 80 metres & landed on his legs.... with some terrible injuries. I want to hear what he went through and his thoughts through his long recovery.
He told me that his family just wanted him to get better but nobody was ever interested in hearing how he thought, so he assumes nobody cared!
He can no longer run and still has pain, but seems glad to have somebody to talk to about it!
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I appreciate that not everybody is interesting, but I like to listen to their stories of life because you learn so much about that person.
I always think that if we listened more to people who have had hard times, maybe we would understand more and criticize less!

I am currently chatting to a man in Australia who fell 80 metres & landed on his legs.... with some terrible injuries. I want to hear what he went through and his thoughts through his long recovery.
He told me that his family just wanted him to get better but nobody was ever interested in hearing how he thought, so he assumes nobody cared!
He can no longer run and still has pain, but seems glad to have somebody to talk to about it!
I also talk to few in situations that are not so good...People can feel good for your company and you can feel good by just lighting up their Day.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:27 PM

When I used to frequent the gym, there was a elderly lady, who always seemed to make a b line for me, on the cross trainer, she would get on the one next to me.

She was a sweetheart, her talking used to wear me out if I’m honest, I was there to work out, she was there merely to talk, she was quite well known for her constant talking.

I don’t think she was tuned into the needs of others, in that area only her own.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I also talk to few in situations that are not so good...People can feel good for your company and you can feel good by just lighting up their Day.....
I agree, it is a two way benefit because they feel good being able to talk about their problems & you feel good because you seem to have helped.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ok Art...just a misunderstanding I would say.

No big deal.

It can be misinterpreted ,because you never stipulated it was in real life, that’s all...
Pauline, I didn’t think l needed to stipulate it was in real life... because that’s where you ‘listen’... you know with your ears.

On a forum... you read with your eyes.... you don’t listen!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Haha! Me neither.
I really like you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, I didn’t think l needed to stipulate it was in real life... because that’s where you ‘listen’... you know with your ears.

On a forum... you read with your eyes.... you don’t listen!

You might.

“ I don’t “

What is being said on this forum I read and listen to what is being typed. and said.

Only the saying is typed not said out loud so you can hear..

The thought process is going on in the head, plus I bet you any money you like.......that people talk out loud to themselves, saying all sorts of things about members on here...

They shout at the screen.

How dare they ignore me!!...😂🤣😅😮

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top