Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:43 PM

Re: Dealing with a liar.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Try not to get stressed, you’ve already had a heart attack, we don’t want you having another one..
Thanks Pauline, yes that was a problem to take into serious account. It's taken some while but the stress is now I reckon under control. That has taken over 18 months but now I reckon it can all be dealt with, leaving all the stress out of it. I just wish more details could be given, I could get it off my mind, 'a trouble shared' and all that. However, I doubt anybody would believe it all, neither did I, that I can assure you of!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Thanks Pauline, yes that was a problem to take into serious account. It's taken some while but the stress is now I reckon under control. That has taken over six months but now I reckon it can all be dealt with, leaving all the stress out of it. I just wish more details could be given, I could get it off my mind, 'a trouble shared' and all that. However, I doubt anybody on here would believe it all, neither did I, that I can assure you of!
I'll believe it after what I and others went through.

One of my other colleagues was bullied by the same (insert suitable word here). Unfortunately, she also developed a cancer behind her eye which required her to take time off work. Just to drum the point home,"he" instigated disciplinary procedures against her based on the amount of time she was taking off. Although this was in clear breach of many employment regs, my friend was too tired and weak to go through the rigmarole of it all and just handed in her notice.

This is the sort of fella I was dealing with.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:08 PM

Thanks Pauline, yes that was a problem to take into serious account. It's taken some while but the stress is now I reckon under control. That has taken over six months but now I reckon it can all be dealt with, leaving all the stress out of it. I just wish more details could be given, I could get it off my mind, 'a trouble shared' and all that. However, I doubt anybody on here would believe it all, neither did I, that I can assure you of!

Hope it gets resolved soon,Baz.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You seem to have a lot of strange people living near you Pauline?
Or have l got you mixed up with someone else??

Donkeyman!! 🤔🤔
There are a lot of 'strange' people everywhere I reckon DM, it's just that until something happens they appear the same as most other reasonable people. It's when there is a problem and the **** hits the fan, that they show their real colours and we see them for the 'nasties' that they really are and to all intents, probably always have been!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:16 PM

There are a lot of 'strange' people everywhere I reckon DM, it's just that until something happens they appear the same as most other reasonable people. It's when there is a problem and the **** hits the fan, that they show their real colours and we see them for the 'nasties' that they really are and to all intents, probably always have been!

I know what you mean...I was lucky I got out of a toxic friendship...if it ever was a friendship...I often wonder, I could say a lot more, but best not, I don’t want to turn bitter..
Baz46

24-06-2021, 06:32 PM

Hope it gets resolved soon, Baz.
Me too Pauline, the problem is that these things do not get resolved overnight, it takes ages and ages unfortunately.

I know what you mean... I was lucky I got out of a toxic friendship... if it ever was a friendship... I often wonder, I could say a lot more, but best not, I don’t want to turn bitter..
There's friendship and friendship, unfortunately. Now I trust very few people, that is what these types can do. Bitterness is an emotion and therefore under your control. Stating your point of view and what you think of someone doesn't necessarily mean being bitter, it's just stating the truth. I do understand though that you wouldn't want it to turn into some kind of vengeful rant. That just reflects badly on you and as the 'victim' you don't want to reinforce what's happened and give that person even more 'power' over you, that is not good.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-06-2021, 06:40 PM

Me too Pauline, the problem is that these things do not get resolved overnight, it takes ages and ages unfortunately.

There's friendship and friendship, unfortunately. Now I trust very few people, that is what these types can do. Bitterness is an emotion and therefore under your control. Stating your point of view and what you think of someone doesn't necessarily mean being bitter, it's just stating the truth. I do understand though that you wouldn't want it to turn into some kind of vengeful rant. That just reflects badly on you and as the 'victim' you don't want to reinforce what's happened and give that person even more 'power' over you, that is not good.

Good advice and insight there,Baz..many thanks.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:46 PM

Oh yes and a brilliant compulsive liar at that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-06-2021, 09:00 PM

i Have been duped by quite a few liars in my time.

When young I didn’t have the intelligence to understand, I just went along with it and believed them.

What about all these products..oh madam, it does this and it does that, salesman are good liars, how many people ( educated) have also been conned out of their life savings?

I’ve got to a stage in life, where I check everything out,..also listen word for word..

I often have to ask people to slow down ,because they are talking far to quickly, how can anyone contain all of that info...you listen to see how quickly some people speak.

This world is very fast paced..many mouths are also.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 09:44 PM

Yes, I know about gaslighting.....but, I wasn’t ready to see her lies, because she’s a friend..I kept thinking the best.

Well the best, wasn’t helping me...the timing has to be right...I know in my heart, our friendship is finished as I said earlier...

What a shame that compulsive liars, can’t appreciate decent honesty..I really don’t get them.
I always wonder just how much effort it must take to continually lie about things unimportant and to keep it up.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top