Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Re: Foreign food Wednesday

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Merz pleased to see you are repaired and back on line . I have some ironing needs doing now you are in practice
Thank you Meg. If I lived closer, I would happily do your ironing for you-just love it! Put the radio or CD on and I'm well away-singing along and strutting my stuff at the ironing board. Good job nobody can see or hear me
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:57 PM

LOL, merz, we just had a very busy thread on our sister forum Catsey; one member really enjoys ironing, and a few more popped out of the woodwork admitting what they ironed (tea towels! knickers! ); whilst we ironing loathers were reading appalled ...... a very funny thread!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, merz, we just had a very busy thread on our sister forum Catsey; one member really enjoys ironing, and a few more popped out of the woodwork admitting what they ironed (tea towels! knickers! ); whilst we ironing loathers were reading appalled ...... a very funny thread!
Eileen I iron knickers and tea towels , my sister irons socks
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:17 PM

Mad, mad, totally mad! I gave up ironing years ago. Into the washing machine, then the dryer, clothes folded neatly, hung up or in drawers, done and dusted!

When I first got married I ironed everything, including sheets, till the penny dropped!

Now then, what's this I hear about watering gardens? I'll let you in on a little secret. My back garden has weeds taller than me (5ft) and I can't be sure, but I've got a feeling that a tribe of as yet undiscovered pygmies have moved in at the bottom, thinking that they've been transported from Darkest Africa by aliens.

It truly is a disgrace, but I am unable to tackle it myself these days and it used to be lovely. Nowt I can do about it though.

What's this got to do with foreign food though?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:26 PM

The only things I don't iron are knickers and socks-even I'm shocked at that Sorry Meg, but wouldn't take on your ironing if you wanted your knickers ironing

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Mad, mad, totally mad! I gave up ironing years ago. Into the washing machine, then the dryer, clothes folded neatly, hung up or in drawers, done and dusted!

When I first got married I ironed everything, including sheets, till the penny dropped!

Now then, what's this I hear about watering gardens? I'll let you in on a little secret. My back garden has weeds taller than me (5ft) and I can't be sure, but I've got a feeling that a tribe of as yet undiscovered pygmies have moved in at the bottom, thinking that they've been transported from Darkest Africa by aliens.

It truly is a disgrace, but I am unable to tackle it myself these days and it used to be lovely. Nowt I can do about it though.

What's this got to do with foreign food though?
Absolutely nothing Mollie, but neither has ironing
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:35 PM

LOL, Meg, I forgot to include socks in that list, it is a sad addiction, but there is help out there for those who admit their ironing is way out of control......
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:35 PM

Um, true. Am very confoooosed now. Am easily confoosed. Erm .... I think I'll go for a lie down in a darkened room and take me medication.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-07-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
The only things I don't iron are knickers and socks-even I'm shocked at that Sorry Meg, but wouldn't take on your ironing if you wanted your knickers ironing

Absolutely nothing Mollie, but neither has ironing
That's the fun of this forum: we can take a topic, go off it and have a ball not relating to the original subject...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

13-07-2011, 11:51 PM

LOL, Meg, I forgot to include socks in that list, it is a sad addiction, but there is help out there for those who admit their ironing is way out of control......
That's the fun of this forum: we can take a topic, go off it and have a ball not relating to the original subject...
You're right Eileen, its all good fun. Ironing must be my addiction as I'll be doing my Niece's for the next few weeks. She says she's going to tell her Sister, my other Niece, that I'm taking in ironing-she loathes it. I say 'bring it on'-maybe I do need a therapist
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Ironing is a subject that always gets a response! Like which way should the loo roll hang, coming from the top or the bottom......

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top