Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:26 PM

Re: What is the best surprise you have ever had?

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
They are naughty.
Mine still are naughty, they blame each other for mischief.
Well, mine do, and I can't tell which one ate all the cakes.
Mine gang up on me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
My surprise was adopting boy/girl twins. In my wildest dreams, I never imagined that I would get the news while standing in Red Square with St. Basil's Cathedral in the background.

I like surprises.

This might be a surprise: Did you know that it is possible for boy/girl twins to be identical?
That is lovely Surferbabe.
I didn't know the other bit.

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Really? Or are you just kidding?
Some kids look so identical that even the parents can’t tell.
Is that the case with yours?
Mine are Identical.

Originally Posted by fender ->
Mine was probably on my 40th Birthday.
The wife had bought tickets for us to see Status Quo live in Portsmouth.

Not only that, she'd arranged a huge (secret) party with all our friends at a local restaurant the next night.

She's a star.....
You are a lucky Guy
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Mine gang up on me.
No surprise there
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

You are a lucky Guy
She's luckier.......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My best surprise was waking up in hospital, at the end of 2011, and seeing my surgeon sitting there, waiting to tell me that my tumour was dead as a dodo!

I celebrated with a cup of tea, that the nurses brought for me.

That must have been some moment for you Twink.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:53 PM

Sorry it's long

I've hurried typing it, so I hope it makes sense.

I worked with a lady who did my 'ead in. I won't expand. I had regular contact with her when I left that job, because she ran a kids ativity group my daughter was in.

That's the preamble, now to the surprise

Dad died, which brought up all my anger about things past. I found myself bubbling up either in anger or tears. One day my daughter and I were in the supermarket. I seem to remember I was looking at fruit. I bubbled up in tears from nowhere, real sobby ones. I tried to hide it. I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was the lady.

She was so lovely and I said I couldn't work out what to buy, my head was so trashed. She asked what was my favourite meal. So I told her. She asked my daughter, she told her. The lady said go home, my husband and I will be round at 7pm.

7pm the doorbell went. She and her husband had brought round on two separate trays, with two different plated meals on. Also included on the tray were beautiful fluted glasses full of home made mousse. They'd also brought a bottle of wine and glasses. Proper napkins, the lot. They made us sit down, waited on us and left.

I can't describe how I felt, honestly I was totally overwhelmed. (It was absolutely scrummy too).
I've had other surprises, but for me that was the best because she showed she truly cared to a point I'd never had before, especially from a woman - and I'd really misjudge her.

It was a bit of a turning point for me too, as I rarely show my vulnerable side to anyone. I always try to be strong for others and this time someone was taking care of me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:53 PM

I am still waiting for mine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:18 PM

Mine is an evening l will never forget.
It was my 60th birthday and l specifically said l didn’t want a party, just a family meal.

On the evening, l got all dressed up for the meal that my family would be attending. As we set off, Chris my ex partner said he had to call in somewhere first and drove me to a local venue.

He beckoned me to go in and l nearly died to walk into a room full of my friends and relatives. A disc jockey was playing, ‘Congratulations’ and everyone was standing, clapping and cheering as l walked into the room.

There was a screen on the stage and Chris asked everyone to be quiet as he had arranged a link up to Australia so that l could speak to my son who lives in Sydney. We all stared at the screen and suddenly from a door behind, in walked Daniel! I was so happy and tears were running down my face for all my children to be there together.

Everyone was dancing and happy when my next surprise appeared on the stage. Chris had arranged for a singer who won ‘Stars In Their Eyes’ as Diana Ross to come down from Manchester and sing all my favourite Tamla Motown songs. It was wonderful.

Then another of my friends who also entered ‘Stars In Their Eyes’ as Bob Dylan, sang a song he had written especially for me.

It was a brilliant night with school friends and relatives, l hadn’t seen for years!
Apparently, Chris and my sister had been planning the party for six months and l had absolutely no idea.
It was my best surprise ever!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	33CD537C-1097-4B76-A554-FB28BE533BDD.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	7146  
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

04-09-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Sorry it's long

I've hurried typing it, so I hope it makes sense.

I worked with a lady who did my 'ead in. I won't expand. I had regular contact with her when I left that job, because she ran a kids ativity group my daughter was in.

That's the preamble, now to the surprise

Dad died, which brought up all my anger about things past. I found myself bubbling up either in anger or tears. One day my daughter and I were in the supermarket. I seem to remember I was looking at fruit. I bubbled up in tears from nowhere, real sobby ones. I tried to hide it. I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was the lady.

She was so lovely and I said I couldn't work out what to buy, my head was so trashed. She asked what was my favourite meal. So I told her. She asked my daughter, she told her. The lady said go home, my husband and I will be round at 7pm.

7pm the doorbell went. She and her husband had brought round on two separate trays, with two different plated meals on. Also included on the tray were beautiful fluted glasses full of home made mousse. They'd also brought a bottle of wine and glasses. Proper napkins, the lot. They made us sit down, waited on us and left.

I can't describe how I felt, honestly I was totally overwhelmed. (It was absolutely scrummy too).
I've had other surprises, but for me that was the best because she showed she truly cared to a point I'd never had before, especially from a woman - and I'd really misjudge her.

It was a bit of a turning point for me too, as I rarely show my vulnerable side to anyone. I always try to be strong for others and this time someone was taking care of me.
I found that really touching. It actually brought a tear to my eye. What a lovely surprise. People are surprising.
Thank you for sharing.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

04-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mine is an evening l will never forget.
It was my 60th birthday and l specifically said l didn’t want a party, just a family meal.

On the evening, l got all dressed up for the meal that my family would be attending. As we set off, Chris my ex partner said he had to call in somewhere first and drove me to a local venue.

He beckoned me to go in and l nearly died to walk into a room full of my friends and relatives. A disc jockey was playing, ‘Congratulations’ and everyone was standing, clapping and cheering as l walked into the room.

There was a screen on the stage and Chris asked everyone to be quiet as he had arranged a link up to Australia so that l could speak to my son who lives in Sydney. We all stared at the screen and suddenly from a door behind, in walked Daniel! I was so happy and tears were running down my face for all my children to be there together.

Everyone was dancing and happy when my next surprise appeared on the stage. Chris had arranged for a singer who won ‘Stars In Their Eyes’ as Diana Ross to come down from Manchester and sing all my favourite Tamla Motown songs. It was wonderful.

Then another of my friends who also entered ‘Stars In Their Eyes’ as Bob Dylan, sang a song he had written especially for me.

It was a brilliant night with school friends and relatives, l hadn’t seen for years!
Apparently, Chris and my sister had been planning the party for six months and l had absolutely no idea.
It was my best surprise ever!
Another wonderful surprise.
We like the same music Art. X
A surprise for me.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top