Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 04:48 PM

Re: How many mobiles do you have?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Do you have just the one? Or do you have a backup one also?

Perhaps you have a family with multiple mobiles.
Mobile what??? cars are mobile as are many other things
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Surfermom - Well, the X is a completely new design and the extra screen space is welcome: 5.8” v. 4.7. It has a better, more vivid screen and represents the future Apple is taking. The cameras are also better.

I’m not convinced it’s worth £300 more than the 8, but I had to have both. Best to try each of them out in a store before deciding. They share the A11 Bionic chip so both are blazingly fast. If I could only have one it would probably be the 10 for the screen which is marginally better (and bigger).

The 8 will age quicker because of the design, but is lighter and more pocketable. You will need a case for either as they have glass back and front. Good for wireless charging though. I bought a pad that charges both. Much better than using cables.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 05:36 PM

Some comparison photos; the light wasn't great:

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Do you have just the one? Or do you have a backup one also?

Perhaps you have a family with multiple mobiles.
I am allowed access to one - but only when 'Techno' cat isn't using it !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 04:06 AM

I only use one at a time currently a Samsung Galaxy S4 but I have a Galaxy S3, Samsung Duos and a Sony Xperia in a drawer that I keep for emergencies.

I also use one of the spare phones for a Telstra SIM to provide WiFi when travelling because there are places where Telstra is the only signal available (when there is a signal at all).

The fact of the matter is the current phone is struggling to keep a charge for the whole day so it must be getting near time to upgrade (I have not had much luck with replacement batteries).

I will probably get a Galaxy S5 because it is far more economical to buy a superseded phone than get the latest model and there are few new features that make any practical difference to the phone.

Then, of course, I will have four emergency phones in the drawer!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I will probably get a Galaxy S5 because it is far more economical to buy a superseded phone than get the latest model and there are few new features that make any practical difference to the phone.
That makes sense. I have a contract with a provider for €9.99 a month. They only have superseded phones but I get a new phone every two years for free and get to sell off the old one.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
That makes sense. I have a contract with a provider for €9.99 a month. They only have superseded phones but I get a new phone every two years for free and get to sell off the old one.
I wish mine was so cheap, I don't have any contracts and my phones are never locked (because I buy them here) but the best deal I can get at the moment is $10 (£5) a month for unlimited calls, texts and MMS
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:08 AM

Why do people need more than one phone in use? Unless you are running a business or something it all sounds too complicated to me. I have a galaxy s6 well I think that's the number I bought it a few weeks ago.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-01-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Why do people need more than one phone in use? Unless you are running a business or something it all sounds too complicated to me. I have a galaxy s6 well I think that's the number I bought it a few weeks ago.
Normally I have only one phone but I carry a spare when I am travelling, as I explained, because sometimes in the bush there is only a Telstra (think BT) signal - if there is a signal at all. There is nothing more annoying than to be parked at a roadhouse in the desert next to a phone tower only to discover it is only a Telstra tower - to avoid this I buy a prepaid Telstra SIM for the duration of the holiday and chuck it away when I return home (Telstra is far too expensive for normal use).

The spare phone is used purely as a hotspot to provide WiFi on those occasions - I can then connect my computer and my normal non Telstra phone and use Whatsapp or Messenger for calls. The rest of the year the spare phone is kept in a drawer.

I shall probably buy a Galaxy S6 when the Galaxy S10 comes out

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top