Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Warro
UK
Warro is female 

28-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Re: A visit to Morrisons

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A silly little incident yesterday, but nevertheless I found it very moving.

I had popped into Morrisons to get some marrow bones for my pooches, and while I was there I decided to have a sarnie and coffee for lunch.

I got my coffee and made my way to a table.
Within a few minutes of sitting down, an old man came shuffling along pushing his 3-wheel walking aid. He tried to manoeuvre it between the tables with about an inch to spare on either side.
He looked at me and smiled and said did I mind if he joined me. I said no, of course not. He shuffled about a bit more and sat down with a thump.

After getting his breath back, up he got again and came back with an even older lady. They both sat down opposite me. He told me she couldn't hear and I guess that explained her 'vacant' look as I had so often seen on my Mum's face when she also couldn't hear what was going on around her.
She reminded me so much of Mum, and I began to feel quite sad.

The old chap then proceeded to pick up her teapot and pour her tea for her. He repeated everything he said to her at least 3 times. He seemed short of breath himself, and was clearly not a well man.
He put her sugar in the cup for her, while trying to get his 3-wheeler out of people's way.

Silly gesture I know, but I slid my bag of crisps across the table to him, I didn't really want them, and thought he might like them. He beamed and tucked in. I was so pleased.

This old couple made me think. I found it very touching the way they looked after each other even though they could barely look after themselves.
It made me feel quite emotional to watch them. I wish I didn't get so emotional about things, but I do.

When I left them, they both smiled and said bye bye.
I really wanted to hug them instead of a polite goodbye.

I went back outside to the car park, and could I find my bl***y car again ? . . . Could I 'eck.
I am always doing this and it annoys and frustrates me.

So I was wandering around like a demented chicken, clutching my marrow bones, still feeling emotional, cursing and getting in a tiz, when I spotted my little car. Joy.

Who will keep an eye on me when I get old.
I have a bright coloured car so I can find it in the very large carpark of the supermarket of my choice.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Re: A visit to Morrisons

What a lovely, moving story Mups, and what a kind, caring person you are. I always say that any good deed you do for others, you will be rewarded a hundred times over, so you have a lot of credit due!!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top