Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 02:11 PM

Re: Children in supermarkets

Ocado have a company called fetch I use them for dog food, really lovely people I've found, tesco aren't bad either.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Been in many supermarkets over the years with various sized kids in tow, and never seen such a dangerous thing happen as I did yesterday evening, mum shopping with two year old put the child in the body of a trolley, started filling it with goods then wandered off down an aisle leaving trolley near me and Nathan. If he hadn't moved really fast that little girl would have hit the floor head first, as she tried to get out to follow her mum.

Mum thought it was funny ! I'm not sure she would have been so happy if her child had hit the concrete floor !

I'm never happy seeing them in body of trolley anyway if they have a seat then sit them safely in that I always think.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: people should not be allowed to breed until they've passed a thorough training course. They should then be in possession of a licence confirming their ability to look after children.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;988521]Hi

Taking the kids is all part of growing up and teaching them what is socially acceptable.

It isn't the kids that are the problem, it is the adults with them.[/QUOTE]

That is fair comment, Swimmy, although it can only apply to the little ones.

I dread being in the shops when the schools are turning out, and we get about 100 x 13-17 years olds all pile in together!
They are noisy, they push and shove and take over the store.

Having said that, I was once again unable to reach something high up yesterday in Asda, when a group of tall young lads came sauntering along.
I thought to myself - "shall I ask them to help, or not"?
I decided I would, and one black lad (who must have been getting on for 6ft) was a sweetie and reached down what I wanted so easily for me, complete with a charming smile.
So they are not all bad.

I admit I do find large numbers of them all together a little intimidating though, especially when they are being silly and noisy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 02:39 PM

There is a secondary school not far from me and its best not to go out when they exit the school en masse! You have to dodge the skateboarders and the ones on their scooters but the most dangerous are those that ride their bikes on the path, you risk your life when three of them come at you at once!!
Lots, (mostly girls!) light up their fags as soon as they are out of the school! Most of them are on their way to local shops where only a few are allowed in at one time!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;988586]
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Taking the kids is all part of growing up and teaching them what is socially acceptable.

It isn't the kids that are the problem, it is the adults with them.[/QUOTE]

That is fair comment, Swimmy, although it can only apply to the little ones.

I dread being in the shops when the schools are turning out, and we get about 100 x 13-17 years olds all pile in together!

Having said that, I was once again unable to reach something high up yesterday in Asda, when a group of tall young lads came sauntering along.
I thought to myself - "shall I ask them to help, or not"?
I decided I would, and one black lad (who must have been getting on for 6ft) was a sweetie and reached down what I wanted so easily for me, complete with a charming smile.
So they are not all bad.

I admit I do find large numbers of them all together a little intimidating though, especially when they are being silly and noisy.
It's when they go quiet I worry, noise they are usually messing around, quiet who knows what is going on in their heads.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Dante was wrong - the ninth level of Hell is populated by people who think supermarkets are great places to take kids.
And pubs and restaurants.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm afraid that a lot of 'the wrong type of kids' know that they can do what they want and no-one dare say anything, let alone give them a quick clip round the ear (as we used to get). Even looking at them can get you into all sorts of trouble.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-09-2016, 03:07 PM

Never found hitting helped much but respect can be built other ways, I'd bore mine to death with reasons why they shouldn't behave badly that seemed to do the trick even the boys listened.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top