Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 08:15 PM

Re: I Have No Internet.... Boo Hoo! Please Send Food Parcels

Who's there?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Who's there?
It's only me from over the sea!!
Someone pm'd me! CAT
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 08:22 PM

Seriously, l found an old router, thought l would give it a try and it worked! Yippee!!

Thank You to everyone for the advice. I must look into whether l can use my Tesco mobile phone internet on my iPad or tablet?
Thanks for the cakes! Carol. They were delish!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Good to see communication is restored Art I thought we might have to resort to the baked bean tin and string to keep contact with you
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good to see communication is restored Art I thought we might have to resort to the baked bean tin and string to keep contact with you
I have to say, Meg, it was a horrible time!! You get used to just logging on and having the freedom to log on to sites, Google stuff and write emails then when you don't have that facility or choice...........I'm saying no more, as l'm starting to sound like a Saddo!!
If anyone has any internet problems, just contact me at...Artangel's Internet Solutions.... Cocoa/Baked Bean tins are my speciality!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Seriously, l found an old router, thought l would give it a try and it worked! Yippee!!

Thank You to everyone for the advice. I must look into whether l can use my Tesco mobile phone internet on my iPad or tablet?
Excellent news ......

Regarding Tescomobile:

http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-...-wi-fi-hotspot

Using your phone or tablet as a Wi-Fi hotspot

Some phones and tablets allow you to set-up a ‘Wi-Fi hotspot’ (also referred to as 'tethering') to share your data connection with other devices such as a laptop.

If your tariff has a data allowance included, you can use your device as a personal hotspot at no extra cost. If you don't have a data allowance, or you go over your data allowance, you’ll be charged our standard rates.

You can set-up a Wi-Fi hotspot on any Apple, Android or Windows device that supports this function.

How do I use my iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
First, you’ll need to update your software to the latest version. Then look for Settings, then Mobile, then Personal Hotspot and turn it on. Your iPhone will generate a password automatically, but you can change it if you like. To do this, tap the Wi-Fi Password button and create the password you want to use.

Please note we don't currently support Wi-Fi hotspots on iPads.

How do I use my Android device as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
Android settings vary, depending on your device and which version of Android you’re using. Go to Settings, then Wireless & Networks and check for the option there.

How do I use my Windows Phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
Look for Settings, then Internet Sharing. Turn on Internet Sharing and go to Setup to create a password and name for your device’s hotspot.

If you need more help to set-up a Wi-Fi hotspot then have a look at our interactive device guides or refer to your manufacturer's documentation.
You will have to refer to the manufacturer's documentation.

The procedure involves setting up on the phone and setting up on the tablet but after that activation/deactivation is all that is required.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Excellent news ......

Regarding Tescomobile:

http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-...-wi-fi-hotspot

You will have to refer to the manufacturer's documentation.

The procedure involves setting up on the phone and setting up on the tablet but after that activation/deactivation is all that is required.
Oooh Omah, that sounds very technical but Thank You, anyway. I'll ask in Tesco's when l'm next in the town.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 10:54 PM

Oooh Omah, that sounds very technical but Thank You, anyway. I'll ask in Tesco's when l'm next in the town.
The procedure is not too technical and, once set up, is no more arduous than connecting to a café/shop/pub wifi.

Now that you've found a spare router, you probably don't need mobile phone tethering at home but it might come in useful when you're out and about. Additionally, it's a good way to use up your mobile phone data allowance - you've paid for it, why not use it .....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 12:33 PM

I'm having trouble with TalkTalk and have no internet so am having to use my phone!
Please send food parcels and keep me in touch and uplifted until l receive my new router.
I love you all and don't forget me......
Art, don't despair, we are here for you love,
I have put some buttered toast in a paper bag for you, sorry if it has a piece missing with teethmarks left in the butter but you know us Irish, we usually like the toast to be a little cool so the butter stays on nice and thick.( not like these mamby pamby no unsaturated fat kinda people.) thick and lubberly. Hope you Enjoy it. I have also spooned some Lime Marmalade into the bag as well in case you want to scrape it around the bag and onto your toast .

In the event that you are still marooned later I will do my utmost to get more supplies to you. I have another paper bag ready for you and will put some of our dinner of Lamb's Liver, Bacon, Onions and Gravy into it for you.

Don't you worry Art, you will never starve whilst I am around.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Oh good Art, just read you are up and at em again with your router. yeah! never mind, Although I am in no doubt you were looking forward to eating the supplies that I had readied for you, be assured that it will be never be any trouble to pop them into a paper bag if and when you ever need supplies in future.

we're always here for you kid ! :

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top