Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:21 PM

Re: Surprise, surprise !!!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Again exactly no debate or tolerance of other opinions. Forums are not meant to be like that surely.
You mean tolerance like UJ has .. in his openminded willingness to foster debate about issues that matter?
If I started threads, snappy jingoistic single one liners .. about Muslims and in every single one said Muslims were nasty would that be acceptable to you? Would that express tolerance and a willingness to debate?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A lot more gnashing of teeth from the 'nasty party' supporters, seems I'm getting to them and they don't like it, but we still have no answer or explanation from the original question.
'Gnashing of teeth....i'm getting to them ' you wish, is that the prime reason for your many similar posts UJ not to debate but because you think you are 'getting to people' .
I don't profess to know who the 'nasty party' members are UJ obviously you think you do but I can tell you one thing, as a member of no party in particular your brand of politics which displays prejudice towards any party which doesn't support your left wing views comes across as the politics of spite, envy and childishness.

I feel quite sad for you that your life seems to consist primarily of trawling the press each day for any suitable tipbits about one party in particular in order to post them on a forum so you can presumably sit back and chuckle about it, your own little contribution to 'the revolution' of which you so often speak no doubt.

If this country the one which supports you is so dreadful why don't you emigrate to one of the left wing communist countries and see how they treat you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:45 PM

I hear the weather in Siberia can get a bit chilly, may I suggest Long Johns?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You mean tolerance like UJ has .. in his openminded willingness to foster debate about issues that matter?
If I started threads, snappy jingoistic single one liners .. about Muslims and in every single one said Muslims were nasty would that be acceptable to you? Would that express tolerance and a willingness to debate?
I have had to put up with it or debate the issues or have you not noticed that. No matter what anyone titles their thread I read the post and decide whether to agree or disagree or ignore it. I don't think UJ has tolerance of injustices in society and that means he has none for Tory party he is far far to the left of me but and many hear are far far far to the right of me I still want to see what they have to say and would never disrespect them or the forum by just saying one derogatory word in answer.

Tolerance IMO of debate is to allow everyone to have their say as long as they are not being racist or something. I thought this forum was brilliant for allowing it too but this is trying to shut down any debate I believe.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I hear the weather in Siberia can get a bit chilly, may I suggest Long Johns?

Been there, done that, bought the 'T' shirt!!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:56 PM

A lot more gnashing of teeth from the 'nasty party' supporters, seems I'm getting to them and they don't like it, but we still have no answer or explanation from the original question.
Actually Uncle Joe (Stalin) ..otherwise known as Uncle Len (Lenin) ...you are getting to me. Give yourself a pat on the back though I'm not a supporter of any party. Sad thing is I'll soon get fed up of you and have to find elsewhere if only to have a break from you.

Your turning into a WUM ..
You're ruining this place and ruining any decent debate because you arrogantly and perversely insist on grandstanding and spouting your own personal bilious rhetoric about one particular political party you don't like... and really that's your only objective in any thread you start and instantly kill off.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:56 PM

Been there, done that, bought the 'T' shirt!!!
You went in the summer, I presume.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You went in the summer, I presume.
No, actually I was there in January, with normal day-time temperatures at -35oC (it was colder after the sun went down around 15.00)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 02:02 PM

No, actually I was there in January, with normal day-time tempertures at -35oC (it was colder after the sun went down around 15.00)
Jimminy cricket that would have killed me !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-04-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have had to put up with it or debate the issues or have you not noticed that. No matter what anyone titles their thread I read the post and decide whether to agree or disagree or ignore it. I don't think UJ has tolerance of injustices in society and that means he has none for Tory party he is far far to the left of me but and many hear are far far far to the right of me I still want to see what they have to say and would never disrespect them or the forum by just saying one derogatory word in answer.

Tolerance IMO of debate is to allow everyone to have their say as long as they are not being racist or something. I thought this forum was brilliant for allowing it too but this is trying to shut down any debate I believe.
Sorry but to me, it's UJ who is the one who doesn't encourage debate.
Does he ever knock about ideas on how to sort out any of these social problems you say he is intolerant of?
Not that I have seen. It's more a case of pin the blame on and obsessively rant about one particular party.
Let's face it .. even you just agree with his pithy oneliners but any debate you engage in is actually with the rest of us.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top